(A) The secretary of the university senate shall be a tenured member of the regular faculty, appointed by the president from three nominees submitted by the steering committee. The term of office shall be for three years. Prior service as secretary need not preclude nomination to this office. During the term of office the secretary shall be reassigned for a minimum of fifty per cent of time to the office of the university senate during autumn and spring semesters, and summer term. The secretary of the senate will be evaluated annually by the executive vice president and provost, the chair of the senate steering committee, and the chair of faculty council.
(B) The responsibilities of the secretary of the university senate will be to:
(1) Serve as a resource person for members of the university community on matters relating to university governance and to activities of the university senate.
(2) Promote active, effective participation in university governance by the members of the constituencies of the university senate.
(3) Coordinate the responsibilities of the office of the university senate as described in rule 3335-19-09 of the Administrative Code.
(4) Serve as a voting member of the the rules committee and a non-voting member of the steering committee of the university senate.
(5) Serve as a resource person for university and senate committees.
(6) Issue notification of senate meetings, agendas, and reports of senate actions in accordance with rule 3335-19-11 of the Administrative Code.
(7) Keep the records of the meetings of the university senate and furnish to the president for report to the board of trustees all matters passed by the university senate requiring board of trustees approval or action.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 111.15
Rule Amplifies: 3335.08
Prior Effective Dates: 5/8/1983, 5/28/1988, 7/17/1989, 8/20/1989, 3/26/1998, 9/28/2000, 9/1/2001, 6/17/2002, 7/28/2010