The university senate shall have committees designated as organizing, standing, or special.
(1) Unless otherwise designated by rule, the president shall appoint all committees of the university faculty and the senate (see paragraph (A)(2) of rule 3335-1-03 of the Administrative Code).
(2) When a rule provides for the option of selecting a designee to a committee, the designee shall be appointed by the person being replaced.
(3) Committee vacancy.
(a) The chair will report vacancies to the appropriate nominating source through the office of the university senate. For the purpose of this rule, a vacancy exists when an elected member is unable to meet the participation requirements defined by the committee.
(b) When an unexpired term becomes vacant, the vacancy shall be filled in a manner consonant with the original method of committee selection. A member selected to fill such a vacancy shall serve for the duration of the unexpired term.
(4) The membership of each committee shall be made known through the report of the secretary of the university senate.
(5) Terms of service.
Unless otherwise specified by the rules, terms of service of senate committee members shall begin and end on the first day of autumn semester; incoming members may attend meetings as non-voting members as soon as they are appointed or elected.
(B) Duties and responsibilities.
(1) Senate committees shall report at least annually to the senate at a time and in a manner specified by the steering committee of the senate.
(2) Senate committees shall define reasonable participation requirements for the conduct of ongoing business.
Committee chairs. Except where otherwise specified by the rules, in the spring each committee shall elect a chair from its continuing membership, whose term shall begin the subsequent summer session; where it is deemed useful, committees may elect a vice-chair in the autumn to assist the current.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3335
Rule Amplifies: 3335.08
Prior Effective Dates: 03/13/1978, 08/08/1978, 01/28/1980, 03/17/1980, 04/20/1981, 02/06/1983, 08/07/1983, 05/11/1984, 04/29/1985, 12/15/1985, 04/27/1986, 06/16/1986, 08/10/1987, 03/05/1988, 07/11/1996, 09/01/2001, 05/09/2008, 06/30/2012, 7/12/2013