The council on enrollment and student progress shall consist of eighteen members.
(1) Nine tenure-track faculty.
(a) Three tenure-track faculty appointed by the president. Appointed members are eligible for reappointment.
(b) Six tenure-track faculty selected by the executive committee
(2) One non-tenure-track faculty member selected by the executive committee of faculty council.
(3) Six students.
(a) Two graduate students.
(b) Two professional students.
(c) Two undergraduate students.
(4) Two administrators. Non-voting, appointed by the executive vice president and provost, or designee, to serve as administrative liaison for the council. One administrator shall represent the office of academic affairs and one shall represent enrollment services.
(B) Duties and responsibilities.
(1) Initiate recommendations and review proposals with regard to policies which affect the characteristics of the student body. The council shall address issues with regard to enrollment planning for undergraduate, graduate, and professional student enrollment. In addition, the council shall address issues related to undergraduate students in regard to recruitment, competitive admissions, intra-university transfers, financial aid, and retention, and coordinate any resulting actions with issues concerning graduate and professional students. Recommendations and advice will be provided to appropriate administrators and offices.
(2) Initiate recommendations and review proposals with regard to policies which affect the processes by which undergraduate students enroll, register, and carry out other administrative functions related to the completion of their coursework and/or degree requirements. Recommendations and advice shall be provided to appropriate administrators and offices.
(3) Initiate recommendations and review proposals with regard to policies and procedures pertinent to students' passage through the institution, including, but not limited to, the university calendar, student records, approval of transfer credit, and semester, summer term, or session-end validation procedures.
(4) Encourage the collection of data and participate in the analysis of data which will support the development of informed policies on issues within the council's domain and include a summary of such data in the annual report to the senate.
(5) Serve as a channel of communication for the work of all other committees, permanent and ad hoc, which address issues within the domain of the council of enrollment and student progress and establish regular mechanisms by which such committees report regularly to the council on enrollment and student progress and through it to the university senate.
(1) The chair and chair-elect shall be elected from among the voting members. The chair-elect shall serve as vice chair.
(2) Reports by this council to the president, other than those made through the senate, shall be made through the executive vice president and provost.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3335
Rule Amplifies: 3335.08
Prior Effective Dates: 03/13/1978, 08/08/1978, 02/11/1980, 04/21/1981, 02/06/1983, 11/28/1983,05/11/1984, 12/15/1985, 06/16/1986, 08/18/1986, 07/04/1987, 03/05/1988, 07/30/1988, 02/14/1991, 03/23/1992, 06/21/1993, 01/27/1995, 07/11/1996, 03/26/1998, 05/23/1999, 07/01/2005, 06/30/2012, 06/30/2012, 7/1/2014