(A) Be it resolved that the following motor vehicle, traffic and parking regulations be, and they hereby are, adopted as the rules of the board of trustees of the Ohio university regulating and controlling the use of motor vehicles on the land and property of the Ohio university located in the city of Athens, county of Athens, and state of Ohio: Be it further resolved, that these regulations supersede and render null and void any and all motor vehicle ; traffic and parking regulations enacted previously by the board of trustees of the Ohio university on September 20, 1971 and the amendments thereto enacted by the board of trustees on September 20, 1972; December 4, 1972 and September 10, 1973.
(1) Statement of intent and purpose. These motor vehicle, traffic and parking regulations of the Ohio university are enacted by the board of trustees of the Ohio university to facilitate the work of the faculty, staff and students, as well as other persons, on the lands and property of the Ohio university. In general, it is the basis of these rules that the lands and property of the Ohio university and the use thereof are governed by the board of trustees of the Ohio university pursuant to the power and authority granted to the board of trustees of the Ohio university in Chapter 3337. of the Revised Code, and that motor vehicle, traffic and parking regulations are to be enacted pursuant to the direction and authority contained in section 3345.04 of the Revised Code. Furthermore, the motor vehicle laws of the state of Ohio as set forth in Title 45 of the . Revised Code are applicable and enforceable upon the lands and property of the Ohio university. Therefore, except where specifically modified herein, all applicable provisions of Title 45 of the Revised Code will be enforced on the lands and property of the Ohio university at all times.
(a) General. The definitions of the various terms used in these regulations shall be the same as those provided in Chapters 4501., 4501,, 4505., 4507., 4509., 4511,4513,, and 4549., of the Revised Code, as presently enacted or as amended from time to time hereafter, except such modifications thereof as are herein made specifically applicable to these regulations and the subject thereof, and, in such cases, the definition specified herein shall be applicable and applied.
(b) "Land and property of the university shall mean all lands and all property belonging to the Ohio university and all property over which the Ohio university may have control.
(c) "University" and "board of trustees" shall mean the Ohio university and the board of trustees of the Ohio university, respectively.
(d) "Street or highway" as used herein, or in Title 45 of the Revised Code as applicable to any part of the lands and property of the university shall also mean such portions of the land and property of the university as shall be improved and open for the use of, and upon which motor vehicles are permitted, from time to time, by virtue of these regulations.
(e) "Roadway" as used herein, or in Title 45 of the Revised Code, which is applicable to any part of the lands and property of the university shall also mean such portions of the land and property of the university as shall be improved and open for the use of, and upon which motor vehicles are permitted, from time to time, by virtue of these regulations.
(f) "Parking zones" shall mean those portions of streets, highways or roadways on which the parking of vehicles may be permitted and regulated by the board of trustees or the director of security of the university.
(g) "Parking lots" shall mean those portions of the land and property of the university which shall, from time to time, be set aside for the parking of motor, vehicles.
(h) "Parking area" shall mean any portion of the land and property of the university which shall, from time to time, be set aside for the parking of motor vehicles.
(i) "Faculty member".
(i) Shall mean all persons employed by the university holding academic rank and privileges as defined and provided in the rules of the board of trustees and the handbook for the faculty of the university.
(ii) For the purposes of these regulations the definition of "faculty member" shall include administrative officers of the university. When doubt arises as to the status of an individual the parking committee shall have ' the power to determine the status of a given individual.
(j) "Staff member" shall mean all other employees of the university who are not faculty members.
(k) "Student" shall mean all persons who are registered as students of the university under any classification as to course, subject matter, or as full or part time or special, as well as all persons who may not be registered as students but who attend courses regularly taught as part of the curriculum of the university.
(1) "Visitor" shall mean all persons who are not either faculty members, staff members, or students.
(B) Director of security.
(1) Director of security. The position of director of security has heretofore been created and is existing as an administrative position of the university and in addition to other powers which may have been conferred upon it shall have the powers and authority conferred upon it by these regulations.
(2) The director of security may by rule:
(a) Regulate the stopping, standing, or parking of vehicles on the roadways designated herein as those parts of the land and property of the university upon which vehicular traffic may be permitted:
(b) Regulate traffic, by means of police officers and traffic control devices, on parts of the land and property of the university upon which vehicular traffic may be permitted;
(c) Regulate or prohibit processions or assemblages on the parts of land and property of the university upon which vehicular traffic may be permitted;
(d) Designate particular roadways as one-way roadways and require all vehicles thereon be moved in one direction;
(e) Designate any roadway as a through roadway and require all traffic to stop before entering or crossing the same, or designate any intersection as a stop intersection and require all vehicles to stop at one or more entrances to such intersections;
(f) Regulate the use of roadways by vehicles. No rule of the director of security enacted under these regulations shall be effective until signs giving notice of such rules are posted upon, or at the entrance to the roadway or part thereof affected as may be most appropriate.
(C) Parking Committee.
(1) Parking committee. The parking committee has heretofore been created and is existing as a duly constituted committee of the university. In addition to other powers which may have been conferred upon it this committee shall have the powers and authority conferred upon it by these regulations.
(2) Powers of the parking committee. The parking committee shall have the power to regulate the assignments of motor vehicles to parking areas on the land and property of the university under and pursuant to these regulations and to orders of the board of trustees of the university from time to time given. The parking committee shall have such other and further powers as ape specifically conferred upon it from time to time by the board of trustees by order and by direction through the president of the university or by virtue of these regulations.
(D) Vehicular traffic regulations.
(1) Vehicular traffic and parking prohibited. All vehicular traffic is prohibited, and no person shall drive, operate or control, park, or otherwise use a motor vehicle upon the land and property of the university, except in the places and areas, and in the manner subject to the provisions of the regulations and rules of the board of trustees, the director of security or the parking committee as hereinafter provided or may be hereafter provided.
(2) Vehicular traffic permitted.
(a) Vehicular traffic shall be permitted on certain roadways which have been improved and designed for vehicular traffic and which are designated and located on a map of such land and property of the university, a copy of which is attached hereto and made a part hereof, as follows: (See "Appendix A")
(b) Drives and roadways located in the east green area as indicated on said map and known as East Green drive and Edgehill drive. These drives are' restricted to service vehicles only.
(c) Roadway running in a southerly direction from Mill /street parallel toB&O railroad as indicated on said map and known as McKinley avenue.
(d) Roadway to Lakeview community center known as South Green drive as indicated on said map.
(e) Drives and roadways located in the south green area as indicated on said, map and known as South Green drive and Melson/drive.
(f) Drives and roadways, unnamed, located in Mill street married student apartment and Scott quadrangle areas.
(g) All or portions of McKinley avenue, Van Vorhes, Race, Poplar, Pearl, Wolfe, University Terrace and East Mulberry Streets, as indicated on said map. Certain roadways in the area have been designated and marked as one-way roadways and all traffic shall move in one direction only.
(h) Drives adjacent to Music hall and Hudson health center, unnamed, but marked on said map.
(i) Drives and roadways located in the west green area and adjacent athletic fields, as indicated on said map arid known as West Green drive and Oxbow /trail. Certain roadways in the west green area have been designated and marked as one-way roadways and all traffic shall move in one direction only.
(j) Drives and roadways located in the area of Porter hall, Grover center, Bird arena and Peden stadium as indicated on said map and known as Oxbow trail, Sycamore drive and South Green drive.
(k) Drives and roadways in the are of the power plant, food service and laundry buildings as indicated on said map and known as Oxbow trail.
(l) Vehicular traffic on East Green street and portions of East Mulberry street is restricted to vehicles used in connection with service to the physical plant or equipment and all other vehicular traffic is prohibited. Such roadways may be opened to all vehicular traffic from time to time as the director of security may deem necessary.
(m) From time to time, and subject to the rule of the director of security, other areas of the land and property of the university may be opened to vehicular traffic under the control and direction of police officers and other employees designated by the director of security.
(3) Ohio motor vehicle laws and traffic regulations applicable. Whenever and wherever vehicular traffic is permitted, or whenever and wherever any person is permitted to drive, operate, or control, park, or otherwise use a vehicle upon the land and property of the university, the provisions of Title 45 of the Revised Code, as presently enacted or as amended hereafter from time to time, shall be applicable and enforced, except where herein specifically modified.
(4) Speed limits. All the said roadways and streets and highways designated for vehicular traffic on the land and property of the university are hereby declared to be school zones as designated in chapter 4511 ; of the, Revised Code, and prima facie speed limit thereon shall be twenty miles per hour.
(5) Two-three wheeled vehicles. Two and three wheeled motor vehicles and motorized bicycles are prohibited from operating and/or parking on university property except in those areas specifically designated for the parking of such vehicles. Such type vehicles may travel over certain streets, or portions of streets, on university property. Streets closed to this type vehicle are posted with appropriate signs and are generally in the residence hall areas.
(E) Parking regulations.
(1) Parking prohibited. Ho person shall park any motor vehicle or let any motor vehicle stop or stand on the land and property of the university except in areas and at the times and under the conditions set out in these regulations or by order of the board of trustees, the director of security or the parking committee.
(2) Parking permitted.
(a) Parking of motor vehicles may be permitted by rule of the director of security or the parking committee approved by the board of trustees in and on the following areas of the land and property of the university as designated on the map of said lands and property of the university.
(b) On roadways. Parking may be permitted on roadways where vehicular traffic is permitted by marking areas at the curb or edge of said roadways or by posting of signs at the entrance of said roadways pursuant to order of the director of security. No person shall stand or park a vehicle along side any section or portion of a curb officially painted yellow to prohibit parking.
(c) On parking lots. Parking may be permitted on parking lots designated on the aforesaid map (attached here to "appendix A").
(i) In the college green area adjacent to Seigfred hall; Hudson health center; Tupper half; Gordy hall; Scott quadrangle; Copeland hall; Morton hall and Bentley hall.
(ii) In the west green area adjacent to Porter hall; Bird arena; Grover center; Peden stadium and convocation center.
(iii) Areas adjacent to Baning hall, the power plant, service shops, garage and administrative annex.
(iv) In the east green area adjacent to McCracken hall, the Wolfe street apartments, Clippinger building and Morton mathematics building.
(v) In the south green area adjacent to the south green dormitory complex, north of Lakeview apartments and the Mill street apartments.
(3) Parking lots and areas.
(a) The parking committee is empowered to divide the available parking areas on the land and property of the university into areas and permit parking by persons therein as follows.
(b) Faculty parking areas. Faculty parking areas may consist of areas along roadways and certain parking lots, and the same shall be reserved for faculty members and certain staff members.
(c) Faculty and staff parking areas. Faculty and staff parking areas may consist of areas along roadways and certain parking lots and shall be reserved for faculty members and staff members.
(d) Student parking lots. Student parking areas shall be parking areas reserved for students and certain faculty and staff members.
(e) Pay parking facilities. Certain parking areas may be designated as pay parking facilities and a schedule of fees for parking shall be established, for such parking. Parking in such areas may be open to all persons, or limited by the parking committee.
(f) Visitor parking areas. Visitor parking areas shall be areas that have been designated and marked for visitor parking.
(g) Athletics parking. Parking of motor vehicles while drivers or operators thereof attend football games or other athletic events on the land and property of the university may be permitted under such regulations and controls and for such fees as the division of athletics may establish subject to the approval of the parking committee and appropriate administrative officers.
(h) Signs. Wherever the parking committee or the director of security makes or promulgates a rule providing that any area be limited to certain parking, said rule shall be effective when proper sighs giving notice that parking is limited to certain persons or times have been erected in the area, or police officers or parking personnel are present and directing parking and traffic thereto and therefrom.
(4) Registration of vehicles and permits required. No faculty member, staff member, or student shall drive, operate or control, park, let stand, or otherwise use a motor vehicle on the land and property of the university, even where permitted by these regulations, without first registering said motor vehicle with the director of security or his designee and obtaining a permit therefrom for the parking of said vehicle in a designated parking area. Visitors shall not be required to register or to obtain permits, but shall be required to park in designated areas and pay any fees required.
(F) Faculty and staff registration.
(1) Registration and application. Registration of motor vehicles as required herein shall be made on forms prescribed and seeking information required by the parking committee.
(2) Permits. Parking permits shall be issued to applicants in accordance with the particular classification of the applicant, and the criteria for such issuance established by rule of the parking committee. Such permits shall be evidenced by a decal to be placed upon the motor vehicle so registered in accordance with the rules prescribed by the director of security.
(3) Permit year. Such permits, when issued, shall expire on the first of September next ensuing after issuance and shall be void thereafter.
(4) Additional motor vehicles. A registrant who has already registered and obtained a permit for a motor vehicle may register and obtain permits for additional vehicles, which he may be using on the land and property of the university, upon registration thereof. It is expressly provided, however, that only one of the said motor vehicles shall be used on land and property of the university at any one time.
(5) Special permits. Special permits, allowing the holders thereof to park in areas other than those for which they already hold permits or are entitled to park under the rules of the parking committee may be issued in accordance with procedures established by rule of the parking committee and shall be effective for the period specified by the parking committee. Such permits may be issued after a showing generally of one or more of the following conditions:
(a) Proof of physical disability to the satisfaction of the parking committee.
(b) Official university duties or special working conditions that might indicate such special permit should be granted.
(c) Such other special conditions approved by the parking committee.
(6) Fees at parking facilities. Parking in pay parking facilities, which are or may be established as provided in paragraph (E)(3)(c) hereof, shall be at the rates established from time to time by the appropriate administrative officers and/or university committees.
(G) Student registration.
(1) Registration. No student shall drive, operate or control, park, let stand, or otherwise use a motor vehicle on the land and property of the university without first registering said motor vehicle with the director of security or his designee. This regulation includes student owned vehicles, vehicles belonging to parents or.- relatives (including wives or husbands), vehicles belonging to friends, rental agencies, and dealers. This regulation applies to any student driving a family car registered in the name of the faculty or staff member.
(2) Decals. Registration decals shall be issued to students by the security division upon the filing of the registration form.
(3) Decal year. Such decals when issued shall expire on the first of September next ensuing after issuance and shall be void thereafter^ Summer permits shall expire on the September 1st after issuance and shall be void thereafter.
(4) Special decals. Special decals, allowing holders thereof to park in areas other than those designated as student parking areas or other areas to which they are entitled to park under the rules set forth herein may be issued in accordance with procedures established by rule of the parking committee.
(H) Display of decals.
(1) Decals for the current decal year, when issued, shall be affixed to the motor vehicle for which issued on the day of issue and no registrant shall fail to do so. Bumper type decals shall be displayed on the driver's side of the motor vehicle. Windshield type decals shall be displayed in the lower right hand corner (passenger side) of the windshield.
(2) Permits for rental parking spaces must be displayed as provided in paragraph (H)(l) hereof.
(3) Parking outside designated areas. No person shall park a motor vehicle on the land and property of the university outside the designated area for which he has a permit issued pursuant to these regulations or in which he may be permitted to park such a vehicle in accordance with these regulations. No person permitted to park in a metered area pursuant to these regulations shall park a motor vehicle in such area longer than the time for which he has paid a fee. No person parking in a rental parking facility shall fail or refuse to pay the prescribed fee therefor.
(4) Regulated parking times. Parking shall be permitted in areas designated herein only at the following times and under the following conditions.
(a) Parking regulations shall be enforced at all times whether university classes are in session or not.
(b) From the hours of six a.m. to four p.m. Monday through Friday, parking shall be limited to designated permit zones. From four p.m to six a.m Monday through Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday faculty and staff permit holders may park in any lot except lot two.
(c) Student parking in areas other than garages, shall be limited to certain areas designated by the parking committee and shall be permitted only after payment of the prescribed fee for such parking as provided in paragraphs (E)(3)(e) and (F)(6). Permits for parking must be displayed as provided in paragraph (H)(l) hereof.
(d) Student parking as provided in (H)(4)(c) hereof shall be restricted to students of junior, senior and graduate student rank, married and commuter students. A commuter student is defined as one who resides outside the corporate limits of the city of Athens.
(e) On days of home football games there shall be no parking of vehicles in the stadium area after three a.m. except as permitted, and at the fees prescribed by the division of athletics.
(f) Parking on the roadways and designated areas of the west green, south green, and parking area twenty six, shall be limited to thirty minutes between the hours of eight a.m. and twelve midnight. No parking is permitted on these roadways between twelve midnight and eight a.m.
(g) Registered student vehicles will be permitted to park, without fee, between the hours of three p.m and three a.m. weekdays; eight a.m. Saturday to three a.m. Sunday and eight a.m. Sunday to three a.m. Monday in parking areas eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-seven and twenty-nine. Between the hours of three p.m. and three a.m. weekdays eight a.m. Saturday to three a.m. Sunday; and eight a.m, Sunday tothree a.m. Monday registered student vehicles may park without fee, in parking areas fifteen, twenty-two and twenty-six. (See "Appendix A"
(h) No student or visitor parking will be permitted after midnight on university property, except in rental garages, married student parking areas and as provided in paragraph (H)(4)(g) hereof, without permission of the parking committee and/or the" director of security.
(i) Certain parking areas, by rule of the parking committee, made from time to time, may be reserved for parking only by faculty members and staff members at all times or at special times. In the event such rules are promulgated, said rules shall be effective upon the placement of signs giving notice of such reservation and limitation on parking at the parking areas so selected.
(5) Parking at short courses, workshops, and conference meetings. The director of security shall establish rules by which arrangements shall be made to provide parking for visitors who are invited to attend and take part in short courses, workshops, and other conference meetings. In general, said rules shall provide that individuals or departments planning and arranging such meetings shall inform the director of security at least ten days prior to the commencement of the scheduled event, as to the location of the event, the number of persons involved, the approximate number of vehicles involved, and such other information requested. Upon receipt of the said information, arrangements shall be made to provide parking areas for the persons participating, and appropriate permits will be issued designating the areas in which those persons shall park their vehicles.
(1) Police powers. The director of security and his officers are authorized and directed to enforce these regulations by arrest on sight of anyone found violating the laws and regulations of the state of Ohio or these regulations, or, in the alternative, to serve notice of such violations either upon the person found violating the same or upon the motor vehicle found in violation of the same. Said notices, if served, shall provide notice of the violation claimed, the location of the violation, and the time of the violation. Such notices, if served, may be of the type and form requiring the appearance in the proper court of this state of the person responsible for the violation or responsible for the vehicle found in violation. Disposition of this type notice shall follow rules of the court.
(2) Election to pay penalty. A person upon whom such notice is served or the owner of a vehicle upon which such notice is served, may, if he elects to do so within ten days of service of such notice pay the penalty for such violation so prescribed in order to avoid further prosecution for such violation. Such penalties shall be paid to the office of the cashier of the university at such hours and at such places as the cashier shall by rule prescribe. If such payment of the prescribed penalty is made, further prosecution of such violation shall be waived by the university.
(3) Election for appeal of notice.
(a) Any person upon whom or upon whose motor vehicle a notice of violation has been served may, within ten days of such service elect to file an appeal on the service of the notice or on the merits of the claimed violation, by filing such appeal on a form prescribed by, and pursuant to procedures established by, the director of security. Said form shall contain, among other things, identification of the violation notice and any facts pertinent to the merits of the calim on which the applicant bases his appeal.
(b) Consideration of appeals. All appeals shall be considered by the parking committee and shall follow procedures prescribed by rule of the parking committee.
(c) Subject matter of appeal. Such appeals as may be filed hereunder shall be directed only to the merits of service of the violation notice or whether such violation as claimed was committed by the person upon whom, or by the motor vehicle upon which, the violations notice was served. In such appeals, the director of security shall present a prima facie case of service and of the violation by showing the finding of the violation and the service of the notice; the burden to show the failure of service or the merits of the non-violation shall then shift to the person filing the appeal. If the facts developed appear to show that the violation was committed by the motor vehicle in question, but that the owner or registrant thereof contends that he is not responsible for said violation, such defense shall be available only if the owner or registrant shall disclose and prove who the driver of the motor vehicle or the person who committed the violation was.
(d) Disposition of appeal. Upon consideration of the appeal the parking committee shall dispose of the case by:
(i) Finding that the violation was committed as charged and determining the penalty to be assessed, whereupon the finding and assessment shall be certified to the director of security for enforcement in due course. In such event, the person charged may elect to pay the penalty as provided in paragraph (I)(2) hereof to avoid further prosecution.
(ii) Finding that the violation was not committed as charged and in such event the notice of violation shall be withdrawn.
(4) Effect of failure to pay penalty or to file an appeal. If a person who is served with a notice of violation, or upon whose vehicle a notice is served, fails to elect to pay the penalty prescribed or fails to elect to file an appeal, as provided in paragraph (I)(3)(a) hereof, the university may elect to treat such failure on the part of such person as an admission of said violation and a consent to the assessment enforce the same pursuant to paragraph (I)(5)(a) hereof.
(5) Enforcement by director of security.
(a) If a person upon whom a violation notice is served, or the owner of a vehicle upon which a violation notice is served, shall fail, within ten days after, such service, to pay the prescribed penalty or to file an appeal as herein provided, or after such appeal shall have been determined against him shall fail to pay the penalty prescribed therein, the director of security shall be empowered and directed to pursue any of the following procedures for the prosecution of the violation:
(b) Students. If the accused person be a student, the director of security and/or the cashier may:
(i) Certify the violation and the prescribed penalty to the registrar and the registrar shall withhold such student's registration for quarter's subsequent to the certification or his graduation from the university, or both, until the prescribed penalties have been paid; or
(ii) Refer the violation and the prescribed penalty to the appropriate administrative office for disciplinary action and revocation of registration and driving privileges; or
(iii) Prosecute the violation in a proper court of this state by filing with said court an affidavit charging the offense and following procedures in such cases made and provided.
(c) Faculty members and staff members. If the accused person be a faculty member or a staff member, the director of security may:
(i) Certify the violation and the prescribed penalty to the parking committee and the committee may, at its' discretion revoke the parking privileges for said person. The committee shall withhold vehicle registration and permits for said person in subsequent registration and permit years until the penalties shall have been paid; or
(ii) Prosecute the violation in a proper court of this state by filing with said court an affidavit charging the offense and following procedures in such cases made and provided.
(d) Other persons. If the accused person be a person other than a student, faculty member, or staff member, the director of security may prosecute said violation in a proper court of this state by filing with said court an affidavit charging the offense and following procedures in such cases made and provided.
(6) Ultimate disciplinary action. In any event, and in addition to other powers of enforcement, any person violating the provisions of these regulations, if he be a faculty member, staff member, or student, shall be subject to such disciplinary action by university authorities as may be provided by the rules of the board of trustees, the rules of the faculty of the university, or the student rules, as may be deemed appropriate by the disciplinary authorities as provided in the said rules. The director of security shall have the authority and is directed to initiate such disciplinary procedures in cases provided in these regulations or in such cases as are deemed appropriate under the rules.
(7) Presumptions. If any motor vehicle be found upon the lands and property of the university in violation of any of the regulations of the state of Ohio, or its' traffic laws, or of these regulations, the owner thereof or the registrant thereof, if the vehicle be registered under these regulations, shall be held prima facie to be the person driving, operating or controlling, parking or otherwise using the said vehicle and committing the violation. Furthermore, if such motor vehicle be owned by any member of a family to which a student, faculty member, or staff member shall belong, the said student, faculty member, or staff member shall be held prima facie to be the person driving, operating, controlling, parking or otherwise using the said motor vehicle and committing the violation.
(8) Impounding procedures. In addition to other powers of enforcement, the director of security shall have the power and is directed to impound motor vehicles in the following instances:
(a) If a motor vehicle is parked in front of a fireplug, within thirty feet of a stop sign or traffic control sign; or
(b) If a motor vehicle is parked in such a way as to block a driveway, to block a service entrance, or to create a hazard to public safety, or
(c) If an improper state license tag, or if no state license tag is displayed on the vehicle; or
(d) If a motor vehicle is parked in an area for which "No Stopping Anytime" signs are erected; or
(e) If more than three unpaid or unsettled violation notices have been issued against the motor vehicle; or
(f) If a motor vehicle registered by a student and permitted to park in student parking areas shall be parked in a faculty, staff, or visitor parking area' contrary to these regulations; or
(g) If a motor vehicle is parked in a designated football parking area on days of home football games, contrary to these regulations; or
(h) If the owner of a motor vehicle has failed or refused to pay fees charged at any pay parking facility. In the event a motor vehicle is so impounded, the director of security shall assess an impounding fee against such motor vehicle. Payment of the costs of removing and storage of impounded vehicles shall be the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle.
(J) Prohibitions and penalties.
(1) Giving false registration information. No person shall give false information when registering a motor vehicle or applying for a permit or decal as provided in these regulations, and if such information is given by any person, the registration and permit of such person shall be referred, pursuant to paragraph (I)(6) hereof, to proper university authorities for such disciplinary action deemed appropriate.
(2) Defacing, reproducing parking permits or using revoked permits. No person shall reproduce, deface or use a parking permit or decal contrary to these regulations and no person shall use a permit or decal after the same has been revoked pursuant to these regulations. Any person doing so shall be issued a citation to the proper court of this state for such offense, or referred, pursuant to paragraph (I)(6) hereof, to proper university authorities for such disciplinary action deemed appropriate, or both.
(3) Vehicle not registered. Any person driving, operating or controlling, stopping, parking, or otherwise using a motor vehicle and who is required by these regulations to register the same and procure a permit therefor, contrary to paragraph (E)(4) hereof, shall be assessed a penalty of ten dollars or referred to proper university authorities for disciplinary action deemed appropriate, or both.
(4) Driving or parking outside permitted areas. Any person driving, operating or controlling, parking, stopping or otherwise using a motor vehicle outside permitted areas contrary to the provisions of paragraphs (D)(1) and (E)(1) hereof, shall be permitted to pay the prescribed penalty to avoid prosecution, or shall be prosecuted pursuant to paragraph (I)(5)(a).
(5) Permit not displayed. Any person failing to attach and display his permit decal in violation of paragraph (H)(1) hereof shall be permitted to pay a penalty of three dollars to avoid prosecution, or shall be prosecuted pursuant to paragraph (I)(5)(a) hereof.
(6) Penalties not prescribed elsewhere. Any person violating any provision of these regulations or a state law or traffic regulation for which a penalty is not provided elsewhere herein, shall be permitted, in order to avoid prosecution, to pay the penalty for such violation as shall be provided and set forth for such violation in paragraph (J)(7)(a) below, or shall be prosecuted for said violation pursuant to paragraph (I)(5)(a) hereof.
(7) Prescribed penalties.
(a) As provided in paragraph (I)(2) hereof, the following penalties for violations of these regulations or of state law or traffic regulations are provided as those which a person accused of violation shall be permitted to pay to avoid further prosecution for said violation:
(i) Permit not displayed .......$ 3.00, If vehicle
(ii) Not Registered ........... $ 10.00
(iii) Driving and/or parking outside permitted areas ..........$ 3.00
(iv) Permit improperly displayed ..... $ 3.00
(v) Permits-Illegal use of, reproducing alteration of, defacing, using revoked permits .......... $ 3.00
(vi) Overtime parking .......... $ 3.00
(vii) Parking along painted curb ..... $ 3.00
(viii) Signs prohibiting parking or stopping ............. $ 3.00
(ix) Blocking driveway .......... $ 3.00
(x) Driving and/or parking on grass ... $ 3.00
(xi) Parking within thirty feet of stop sign ............. $ 3.00
(xii) Parking within twenty feet of crosswalk ............. $ 3.00
(xiii) Parking within ten feet of fire hydrant ........... $ 5.00
(xiv) Parking more than twelve inches from curb ............. $ 3.00
(xv) Driving wrong way direction on one way street .......... $ 5.00
(xvi) Parking facing wrong direction ... $ 3.00
(xvii) Reckless operation ......... $ 10.00
(xviii) Officers signal disobeyed ...... $ 3.00
(xix) Crosswalk parking .......... $ 3.00
(xx) License plates (illegal or not displayed) ............ $ 3.00
(xxi) Turn, illegal right ......... $ 5.00
(xxii) Turn, illegal left ......... $ 5.00
(xxiii) Front seat overloaded ........ $ 3.00
(xxiv) Driver's view obstructed ..... $ 3.00
(xxv) Failure to stop at "Stop" sign ..... $ 5.00
(xxvi) Driving left of center ...... $ 5.00
(xxvii) Failure to maintain A.C.D.A ..... $ 5.00
(xxviii) Parking-bridge-tunnel ....... $ 3.00
(xxix) Parking, disregard painted lines .............. $ 3.00
(xxx) Failure to signal-stop, turn, etc ............ $ 3.00
(xxxi) Illegal speed ........... $ 10.00
(xxxii) "Operator License" violation ... $ 5,00
(xxxiii) Backing without safety ...... $ 5.00
(xxxiv) Towing and impounding ....... $ 3.00
(b) Faculty and staff members who receive more than six unexcused violations during the regular academic year, September fifteenth to June fifteenth, or during the summer dune June fifteenth to September fifteenth, will automatically have their parking privileges revoked. Once such parking privileges are revoked the vehicle involved is subject to being towed if parked on university property. Revoked parking privileges can be reinstated only upon application to, and approved by, the parking committee.
(c) Students who receive move than six. uuexcused. violations during the regular academic year September fifteenth to June fifteenth or during the summer June fifteenth to September fifteenth will automatically lose the privilege of operating and/or parking a vehicle on university property and after being so notified will be subject to disciplinary action and to towing and impoundment of the vehicle if they continue to operate and/or park on university property.
(8) Be it further resolved that the map, attached hereto, is made a part of the said motor vehicle, traffic and parking regulations of the Ohio university. (See "Appendix A".)
(9) Be it further resolved that the secretary of the board of trustees of the Ohio university is hereby authorized and directed to file this resolution as the motor vehicle, traffic and parking regulations of the Ohio university as promulgated by the board of trustees of the Ohio university with the secretary of state of Ohio and to do and file such other and further papers and documents as may be necessary and proper to comply with section 111.15 of the Revised Code, and to make these regulations binding and in force according to law. The said Robert E. Mann, as secretary of the board of trustees of the Ohio university further certifies that the foregoing is a true copy of the resolution of the said the board of trustees of the Ohio university on the day and at the meeting above-noted and that the same are a part of the official proceedings of the said board and that the same have not been modified, amended, or repealed and remain in full force and effect. In witness thereof, the said Robert E. Mahn secretary of the board of trustees of the Ohio university has signed his name and caused the seal of the Ohio university to be affixed hereto on the sixteenth day of October 1976.