(A) Authority for the council
(1) The university senate delegates its authority in the realm of student social conduct rules and regulations to the student affairs council, a semi-autonomous governing body, which also has legislative authority in the general realm of non-academic student affairs. All actions of student affairs council which have substantial academic content shall be reported to the executive committee of university senate which shall place them on the agenda of the university senate.
(2) All actions of student affairs council shall be recorded in its minutes to be sent to the executive committee of university senate which shall be alert to the possibility that some items may be of sufficient university-wide import to merit the attention of university senate under its responsibility to provide recommendations on all matters related to Miami university.
(3) Actions of the student affairs council which do not have substantial academic content are made directly to the president via the vice president for student affairs and need not be acted upon by the university senate, although the president may desire to consult with this or other groups in deciding to approve, modify, or reject actions taken by the student affairs council.
(4) Matters to be considered by student affairs council will originate from a number of sources, but it is expected that the associated student government will be an important source of suggestions for action by student affairs council.
(5) The chair shall be the vice president for student affairs who shall serve as an ex officio member with the executive assistant to the vice president for student affairs as secretary without vote.