(A) Policy statement and purpose
Eligibility for participation requires enrollment as a BGSU undergraduate or graduate student and documents indicating financial need for submission to the office of student financial aid.
(1) This laptop will be provided for a loan period of one academic year (Fall to spring semesters). At the end of the loan period, you must return the laptop to the circulation desk of the Jerome library in the same condition as when issued. Loan renewals for the following academic years will be granted on an application basis. Special consideration is not given to those with previous loans.
(2) If you withdraw from BGSU, you must turn in your laptop as soon as you withdraw or prior to graduation. The laptop should be turned in to the circulation desk of the Jerome library and must be in the same condition as when issued. You will have seven working days after your withdraw or graduation to return the laptop. Failure to do this will result in a late fee often dollars per day and will go as high as the replacement value of the laptop. The late fee will start accumulating on the eighth day. It will be charged to your bursar account and may be taken out of your financial aid package.
(3) You will be responsible for repair costs if the computer is damaged due to misuse, accidents, modifications, unsuitable physical or operating environments, or improper maintenance by the user. This type of damage may include, but is not limited to: LCD panel damage; cracked, scratched or broken parts; broken latches; broken connectors; liquid damage caused by spills; damage from foreign material inside the system; CD-ROM drive damage; or shock from misuse or drops. Repair costs will be charged to your Bursar account and may be taken out of your financial aid package.
(4) At the end of the fall semester, the laptop must be checked into the circulation desk of the Jerome library for renewal. Failure to check the laptop in will result in a late fee of ten dollars per day to your Bursar account and may be taken out of your financial aid package.
(5) BGSU does not assume any responsibility for theft or loss of the laptop. Stolen or missing laptops should be reported immediately to the BGSU campus police at (419) 372-2346. As soon as a police report is available, you must provide a copy to the circulation desk of the Jerome library. You are responsible to BGSU for the entire cost of the laptop if it is stolen. Replacement costs will be charged to your bursar account and may be taken out of your financial aid package.
(6) You may be asked to bring in your laptop for routine maintenance. We will run diagnostic tools on it and give it a "tune-up" to ensure optimal performance.
(7) You are responsible for checking your BGSU email account regularly for periodic updates from the circulation desk of the Jerome library.
(8) Anyone called up for active duty in the military is responsible for returning their laptop before they are deployed.
Date: August 6, 2013
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3345
Rule Amplifies: 3345