Lawriter - OAC - 3344-21-01 Grade dispute.

3344-21-01 Grade dispute.

Once a grade has been submitted to the registrar's office, a faculty member may change it only because of an error in computation and only with permission of the dean. If an instructor and a student disagree on a grade issued the student may request a meeting with the faculty member and his or her superior whether it be chairperson or dean. If the matter is not resolved the issue then follows collegiate procedures and may come before a review committee. Finally, a recommendation is made to the university admissions and standards committee of the faculty senate by the college. The burden is on the student to prove that a computational error has been made or that non-uniform standards have been applied.

Replaces: 3344-21-01

Effective: 10/17/2014
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 111.15
Rule Amplifies: 3344
Prior Effective Dates: 11/4/77.