(A) The university's bid process for public improvements will follow the state of Ohio's process as described in the Ohio facilities construction commission manual. The OUA reserves the right to use Chapter 153. of the Revised Code, competitive bidding procedures, if there is reasonable concern as to whether the aggregate cost could exceed the threshold.
(B) Estimated project cost below fifty thousand dollars: The OUA project manager shall:
(1) Obtain quotes from three contractors, when possible.
(2) Prepare a purchase requisition in MagnusMart for the contractor with the lowest cost.
(3) Submit request along with the two unused quotes or non-responses.
(C) Estimated project cost over fifty thousand dollars, but below two hundred thousand dollars: the OUA project manager shall:
(1) Prepare a work scope defined in a request for quotation.
(2) Issue the request for quotation to the selected contractors and publically post the request for quotation.
(3) Review responses to request for quotations and determine apparent lowest responsive and responsible party.
(4) Create a purchase requisition in MagnusMart.
(D) Estimated project cost over two hundred thousand dollars shall be competitively bid per Chapter 153. of the Revised Code, and, as such, a public bid advertisement is required.
(E) See the Ohio facilities construction commission manual for details on process: http://ofcc.ohio.gov/.