(A) The code applies to the on-campus conduct of all students and recognized or registered student organizations, including conduct using university computing or network resources. The code also applies to the off campus conduct of students and registered student organizations in direct connection with:
(1) Academic course requirements or any credit-bearing experiences, such as internships, field trips, study abroad, or student teaching;
(2) Any activity supporting pursuit of a degree, such as research at another institution or a professional practice assignment;
(3) Any activity sponsored, conducted, or authorized by the university or by registered or recognized student organizations;
(4) Any activity that causes substantial destruction of property belonging to the university or members of the university community, or causes or threatens serious harm to the safety or security of members of the university community; or
(5) Any activity in which a police report has been filed, a summons or indictment has been issued, or an arrest has occurred for a crime of violence.
(B) The code governs all campuses of the university. The university reserves the right to administer the code and proceed with the hearing process even if the student withdraws from the university, is no longer enrolled in classes, or subsequently fails to meet the definition of a student while a disciplinary matter is pending.
(C) Students continue to be subject to city, state, and federal laws while at the university, and violations of those laws may also constitute violations of the code. In such instances, the university may proceed with university disciplinary action under the code independently of any criminal proceeding involving the same conduct and may impose sanctions for violation of the code even if such criminal proceeding is not yet resolved or is resolved in the student's favor.
(D) In addition, in cases of criminal charges involving certain offenses of violence, a student faces possible immediate suspension or probation and ultimate dismissal in accordance with sections 3345.22 and 3345.23 of the Revised Code.