Chapter 3354:1-44 Background Check Policy
(1) The college is committed to providing a safe environment for all students and employees and endeavors to protect the health, welfare and safety of all students, employees and visitors on our campus. The background check process is intended to assist human resources and hiring managers or departments in the evaluation of whether a candidate is suitable for a position. As such, the college will conduct pre-employment background checks for all final applicants selected for employment for any kind, as well as all volunteers and work study participants.
(2) This policy shall apply, without limitation, to all individuals selected during the hiring process for full-time and part-time administrators, faculty, contract professional and staff positions.
(3) The college desires to promote fair and consistent methods to obtain, analyze, apply and retain information on final candidate background checks.
(B) Conducting background checks.
(1) Background checks will be performed by the college's human resources department once a final candidate has been selected for an offer of employment, but before the commencement of employment.
(2) Conditional offers of employment will be made subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
(3) Information obtained from the criminal background check will be used as part of the employment process and will be kept strictly confidential to the extent permitted under Ohio law.
(C) The president or the president's designee shall take all steps necessary and appropriate for the effective implementation of this policy.