(A) A student is eligible to become a candidate for an associate degree when the student has completed all the requirements of the program that the student is enrolled in based upon the catalog-in-force and change of major policy (rule 3357:15-13-28 of the Administrative Code).
(1) Candidates for graduation must satisfactorily complete all required and elective courses in their program of study as defined by the Ohio department of higher education.
(a) See rule 3357: 15-13-28 catalog-in-force and change of major policy of theAdministrative Code concerning the catalog to follow when meeting requirements.
(b) Coursework over ten years old is subject to review and acceptance by the chair of the department offering the course or dean of that division. However, Stark state will consider granting permission to graduate under a catalog more than ten years old if the candidate has been enrolled continuously and the degree program has not changed appreciably.
(2) Candidates must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or above in their technical program and a cumulative gpa of 2.00 or above. For programs that do not have technical concentration courses, no technical gpa is calculated. Based on accreditation standards, certain programs require a higher technical and cumulative GPA.
(3) Credit transferred from other institutions must be in accordance with articulation and transfer rule 3357:15-13-25 of the Administrative Code and may be used by a student toward completion of an associate degree at Stark state college.
(4) In order for candidates to be considered for an associate degree, they must submit a completed graduation application and follow the procedures established by the college.
(5) The college shall verify eligibility of individual candidates to receive degrees in accordance with established procedures.High school students will receive their associate degrees upon completion of their high school diploma requirements.
(6) Candidates are required to pay all fees on their account prior to a recognition ceremony in order for the candidate to receive their diploma.
(a) If fees are not paid prior to the ceremony, the candidate is still eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony. However, the diploma and transcript will be held, and the candidate will receive a memo stating why they are being held.
(b) Candidates who do not complete course requirements in the semester indicated on the application will have their application automatically advanced to the next semester.
(7) Candidates who receive an incomplete grade for any course in the term in which they apply for graduation must finish the required course work in the time frame stipulated in the incomplete contract in order to receive their diploma and official transcript.