Students who change their program of study or reapply for admission to the college and wish to improve their cumulative GPA may apply for academic forgiveness.
(A) General information
(1) Academic forgiveness applies only to courses formerly taken at Stark state college.
(2) Academic forgiveness does not take into account grades or credit hours for developmental courses.
(3) A student may only receive academic forgiveness once and it is not reversible.
(4) This policy will not apply to "F" grades received as a result of academic dishonesty. The academic records/registrar's office will check student files on all grades of "F."
(5) Academic forgiveness does not change a student's academic standing for the current term.
(6) Academic forgiveness will apply to courses that are inactive and cannot be retaken or do not apply to the current major.
(7) If a student's request is approved, grades of "D" or "F" in courses that are not required in the current program of study will be removed from the student's overall GPA. All courses and grades will remain on the student's official transcript and be designated with a special code for academic forgiveness.
(1) The student must be seeking a degree/certificate from Stark state college. A student who has already graduated may not request academic forgiveness.
(2) The student must be enrolled in classes at Stark state college during the semester in which the academic forgiveness form is filed.
(3) The student must complete a minimum of twelve credit hours (not necessarily completed in any one semester) from Stark state college with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or better following the return to college or a change of major.
(4) Students must submit a "Change of Major" form if changing their major.