(A) Employment contracts.
(1) Except for those employees subject to an introductory period as described in rule 3358:17-9-02 of the Administrative Code, the board of trustees may issue contracts to administrative and Instructional employees, and professional staff. Each contract's term will not extend beyond the college's fiscal year, regardless of when during the fiscal year the contract issues. The board may provide the president with a contract with a different length term.
(2) Other than in exceptional cases as mentioned in paragraph (A)(6) of this rule, and paragraph (A)(7) of this rule, notice of non-reappointment may be given by the college in writing to an employee forty-five calendar days prior to the expiration of the contract.
(3) Receipt by the employee of the contract identified in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule shall constitute an offer of appointment to the employee. The employee shall notify his/her supervisor in writing of acceptance or non-acceptance of the appointment within thirty calendar days after receipt of the notice. Returning the signed contract shall constitute acceptance in writing.
(4) The employee shall have the right to terminate the contract by providing thirty calendar days advance written notice to human resources.
(5) Employment contracts are predicated upon representations regarding education and experience qualifications which, if subsequently proven to be inaccurate, shall cause the contract to be voidable.
(6) Employment contracts are contingent upon compliance with all college rules and regulations. Violation of the rules and regulations, or of any of the terms of the contract, shall cause the contract to be voided.
(7) Notice of a planned retirement should be given in writing to the direct supervisor, the president, and the director of human resources one - year in advance, if possible, so that the college may plan for the transition period.
(B) At-will employees.
Support staff, regularly scheduled part-time, and casual labor are employed on an "at-will" basis. Either they or the college may end the employment relationship with or without notice and with or without cause. These employees are not issued contracts.
(C) Personnel records.
The office of human resources shall be responsible for the personnel record system of the college.