The procedure of the university of Akron for giving public notice and an opportunity for a hearing as to the adoption, amendment, or recision of rules under Chapter 119 of the Revised Code shall be as follows:
(A) The university of Akron shall cause:
(1) A statement of its intention to consider adopting, amending, or rescinding the rule;
(2) A synopsis of the proposed rule, amendment, or rule to be rescinded or a general statement of the subject matter to which the proposed rule, amendment, or recision relates;
(3) A statement of the purpose for adopting, amending, or rescinding the rule;
(4) The date, time, and location of the hearing on the proposed rule;
(5) An address and/or telephone number whereby copies of the notice and the proposed rule, amendment, or recision may be obtained; and
(6) The name of the hearing officer appointed by the board to conduct the hearing on the proposed rule.
To be published in at least two newspapers of general circulation in the state of Ohio and on its website at least thirty days prior to the hearing.
(B) The university of Akron shall furnish this public notice as detailed in paragraph (A) of this rule to any person who requests notice in writing.
(C) Prior to the effective date of the rule, amendment or recision, the university of Akron shall make a reasonable effort to inform those affected by the rule, amendment, or recision and to have available for those requesting it, the full text of the rule as adopted, amended, or modified.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3359
Rule Amplifies: 3359
Prior Effective Dates: 10/16/99