(A) The university of Cincinnati, as a public institution, sponsors a wide variety of events for the educational benefits of its students, faculty, and staff, as well as for the public at large. It is the intent of the university to encourage the widest possible participation in these events and programs. The university recognizes that, from time to time, it may be beneficial to the university to offer complimentary admission, to selected individuals, for certain events or programs. (This policy is not meant to include press credentials issued for individual events.)
(B) Complimentary admission to university-sponsored events and programs are permitted under the following circumstances:
(1) In exchange for promotion or sponsorship of an event.
(2) When community service projects include, as an integral part of the program, participation of various publics who would not normally attend said program.
(3) In exchange for noteworthy contribution (either financial or otherwise) of individuals to the specific program or event.
(4) If required as part of contract and/or required by nationwide governing body, for example, "National Collegiate Athletic Association."
(5) Provisions for media coverage of specific program or event.
(6) If event falls under the professional responsibility of the person(s).
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3361
Rule Amplifies: 3361
Prior Effective Dates: 4/8/1978