(1) In accordance with section 3362-03 of the Revised Code, the board of trustees of Shawnee state university has authority to employ the president. As such, the board has the responsibility to have an orderly process for the selection of a new president of the university whenever conditions dictate such selection occurs.
(2) Presidential search committee
The board may establish a committee, of which all or a majority of its members are current board members for the purpose of screening candidates and other board directed tasks related to the presidential search. The board chairperson shall make the appointments of this committee, including the committee chairperson.
(B) Presidential search advisory committee and university constituencies
(1) It is recognized that the university's constituencies can enhance the presidential search process. In order to assist the board in selecting a president, the board may create a presidential search advisory committee and/or consult with individuals from university constituencies throughout the search process.
(2) The members of the presidential search advisory committee may include representation from faculty, staff academic and senior administration students, alumni, and the Shawnee state university development foundation. The chairperson of the presidential search committee shall also serve as the chairperson of the presidential search advisory committee.
(3) The board of trustees shall establish a budget for the presidential search and selection process.