It is the policy of Shawnee state university to maintain a drug-free workplace in compliance with federal regulations. The following policy provisions shall apply:
(1) The university is committed to maintaining a workplace free of illegal drugs. Recognizing that illegal drug use poses health and safety hazards to employees and to the community at large, the university prohibits the possession or use of illegal drugs on all university property and at other locations where employees are conducting university business.
(2) Employees manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing or using illegal drugs on university property and at other locations during the conduct of university business are subject to dismissal.
(3) The university will establish and maintain a drug-free awareness program including the following topics of concern:
(a) Health and safety concerns from drug abuse.
(b) University policy regarding illegal drug use.
(c) Availability of approved drug counseling and rehabilitation services.
(d) Penalties that may be imposed upon employees for drug-abuse violations.
(4) In compliance with the drug-free workplace act of 1988, employees engaged in work under a federal grant or contract may be subject to additional requirements to ensure a drug-free workplace.
(5) In accordance with federal regulations, the violation of this policy could result in the suspension, termination or debarment of the individual or the institution from federal.