Shawnee state university will conduct yearly commencement exercises to honor its graduates. A university committee will plan and organize all aspects of the ceremony.
(B) The commencement committee
(1) The commencement committee for a given year shall be co-chaired by an administrator from the provost's office and by the incoming president of the university faculty assembly (UFA) or his/her designee.
(2) In addition to the co-chairs, members of the commencement committee shall include:
(a) The registrar
(b) Four faculty members, one representative from each college
(c) One student affairs administrator appointed by the vice-president of student affairs
(d) Three students appointed by the student senate
(e) One staff member (involved in making physical arrangements for commencement) as appointed by the provost
(C) Duties of the commencement committee and its members
(1) The commencement committee will plan, organize, and arrange for all aspects of the commencement ceremony.
(2) The incoming UFA president and the president of the university will develop a list of potential commencement speakers no later than December first of the academic year preceding the commencement.
(3) The registrar, as a permanent member of the commencement committee, will be responsible for assuring that the mechanics of petitions, clearing for graduation, and diplomas will be properly performed.