The board of trustees delegates to the president of the university authority to appoint and remove university personnel and establish compensation as set forth by this policy and other board of trustee policies and directives, and in conformance with the laws of the state of Ohio.
(B) General policy
(1) The board of trustees' approval is required for appointments to the position of vice president, as well as for the award of tenure for faculty. Otherwise, the president has the authority to employ, appoint, promote, effect status changes, and terminate all other categories of employees, including faculty. The president also has the authority to demote or terminate vice presidents and appoint interim vice presidents pending a search for a successor to the position.
(2) The president or his/her designee is the appointing authority for classified employees.
(3) The president may delegate the authority to extend offers of employment for approved positions and to terminate employment in conformance with board of trustee policies.
(C) Position authorization
(1) Board of trustees' approval is required for the creation of all new full-time administrative and faculty positions. The president has the authority to determine faculty positions as tenure track or nontenure track.
(2) The president is authorized to create all other categories of positions in accordance with established procedures.