(1) Shawnee state university is the owner of all right, title and interest in its trademarks, trade names, graphic images, logos, seals, symbols, mascot, taglines, and any other marks associated with the university and its brand.
(2) Shawnee state's brand is a valuable asset and should be promoted and protected. Consistent use of Shawnee state university's brand (colors, images, style, fonts, logos, marks) reinforce the university's image, reputation, and relationship with key stakeholders, including students and families, prospective students, donors, alumni and community partners.
(3) The office of marketing and communications is the official manager of the SSU brand and is charged with establishing and enforcing branding guidelines that are available on the office of marketing and communications website and overseeing appropriate use of Shawnee state university's logos, identity marks and brand elements.
(4) The office of marketing and communications will function to support institution-level priorities, including the university website; recruiting for enrollment management and admissions; development, alumni and community relations; and executive communications. Students, colleges, departments and programs will receive direct brand design support from the office of marketing and communications only where sponsored by the corresponding vice president. Design services for publications and materials not supported by the office of marketing and communications are accessible through university printing services.
(B) Brand compliance
(1) Admissions recruitment, development, alumni relations and athletics promotion
All materials used in official marketing campaigns, to recruit new students, build relationships with alumni and donors, fundraise, or promote athletics must be coordinated through the office of marketing and communications to adhere to established marketing strategies.
(2) Internal divisions, departments and units
Units, staff, students, departments, and divisions carrying out activities that would enhance the university's reputation and that carry the university's logo must follow established branding guidelines available on the office of marketing and communications website. Design services may be accessed through university printing services.
(1) Use of Shawnee state university trademarked name, logos and brand are prohibited by external vendors without a license agreement or other contractual agreement.
(2) License agreements may be obtained through the office of marketing and communications who will coordinate with procurement services.
Promotional materials, including posters, flyers, and t-shirts, that are event-specific, are not a part of a marketing campaign, and do not carry the university logo are not subject to the branding guidelines.
Official branding guidelines will be established and posted on the office of marketing and communications web site atwww.shawnee.edu/offices/communications.