(A) Policy statement
For the purposes of determining accrual of vacation and percentage of longevity pay for classified employees, seniority shall mean length of service with the state. The term "continuous service" shall be so construed that absence from employment due to illness, accident, other approved leaves of absence or layoffs up to two years due to lack of work or funds shall not cause a break in the meaning of the term "continuous service."
(B) Purpose of policy
The purpose is to set forth type of instances which shall cause a break of continuous service.
Continuous service shall be broken for any of the following reasons:
(1) Quit or voluntary resignation;
(2) Discharge for cause;
(3) Failure to return to work at scheduled expiration of leave of absence;
(4) A leave of absence may be canceled and service broken if the employee performs other work without the knowledge of the university;
(5) An employee absent from work for three consecutive working days without notification except in case of extreme personal emergency;
(6) An employee on layoff who fails to report for work within ten days after being notified by registered mail at their last address on file in the department of human resources and talent development.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3364
Rule Amplifies: 3364