This rule is adopted in compliance with, and under the authority of, division (F) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code .
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the following address: "Ohio Higher Educational Facility Commission, c/o Ohio Department of Higher Education, 25 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215."
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: (614) 466- 6000.
(C) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. A request for such notification shall be addressed to: "Vice Chair, Ohio Higher Educational Facility Commission, c/o Ohio Department of Higher Education, 25 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215 " or by way of electronic mail message email@example.com.
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, his or her mailing address and a maximum of two telephone numbers and an electronic mail address where he or she can be reached. The vice chair shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to paragraph (C) of this rule.
(2) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the vice chair of the Ohio higher educational facility commission shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(a) Sending written notice, which must be mailed by way of ordinary mail or electronic mail message no later than four calendar days prior to the day of the special meeting;
(b) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting; such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the vice chair has been unable to provide such telephone notice;
(c) Informing such representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(3) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the vice chair shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing either the notice described in paragraph (C) (2)(b) of this rule or the notice described in paragraph (C) (2)(c) of this rule . In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(4) In giving the notices required by paragraph (C) of this rule, the vice chair may rely on assistance provided by any member of the staff of the Ohio department of higher education and any such notice is complete if given by such member in the manner provided in paragraph (C) of this rule.
(D) The vice chair shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, in writing, notice of all meetings of the Ohio higher educational facility commission at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. Any person may have his or her name placed on such list. The vice chair shall, no later than seven days prior to each meeting, send by first class mail an agenda of the meeting to such persons.
(E) This rule may be amended at any time by majority vote of the entire membership of the Ohio higher educational facility commission.