This rule is adopted in compliance with, and under the authority of, division (F) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code, as amended, effective November 28, 1975.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the following address: "Ohio Board of Regents, 30 East Broad Street, 36th floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215."
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: (614) 466-7438.
(C) Any person, upon written request and as provided herein, may obtain reasonable advance notification of all meetings at which any specific type of public business is scheduled to be discussed.
(1) Such person may file a written request with the vice chairman, Ohio higher education facilities commission, specifying: the person's name, and the address(es) and telephone number(s) at or through which the person can be reached during and outside of business hours; the specific type of public business for which the person is requesting advance notification; and the number of calendar months (not to exceed twelve) which the request covers. Such request may be canceled by request from such person to the vice chairman.
(2) Each such written request shall be accompanied by stamped self-addressed envelopes sufficient in number to cover the number of meetings during the time period covered by the request. The vice chairman shall notify in writing the requesting person when the supply of envelopes is running out, and if the person desires notification after such supply has run out, such person must deliver to the vice chairman an additional reasonable number of stamped self-addressed envelopes as a condition to receiving further notifications.
(3) There shall be no fee charged for such notification.
(4) Such requests may be modified or extended only by filing a complete new request with the vice chairman. A request shall not be deemed to be made unless it is complete in all respects, and such request may be conclusively relied on by the commission and the vice chairman.
(D) The vice chairman shall post at the offices of the Ohio board of regents a statement of the times and places of then known regular meetings of the commission not later than the second day preceding the day of each regular meeting. If at any time the time or place of any regular meeting is changed, a statement of the time and place of such changed regular meeting shall be so posted by the vice chairman at least twenty-four hours before the time of such changed regular meeting.
(E) Upon the adjournment of any regular or special meeting to another day, the vice chairman shall promptly post notice of the time and place of such adjourned meeting.
(F) Except in the case of a special meeting referred to in paragraph (I) of this rule, the vice chairman shall, no later than twenty-four hours before the time of a special meeting, post a statement of the time, place and purposes of such special meeting.
(G) The statement under paragraph (F) of this rule and the notifications under paragraph (I) of this rule shall state such specific or general purpose or purposes then known to the vice chairman to be intended to be considered at such special meeting and may state, as an additional general purpose, that any other business as may properly come before the commission at such meeting may be considered and acted upon.
(H) In addition to or in lieu of the posting of the statement as provided in paragraphs (D), (E), and (F) of this rule, the vice-chairman may cause to be published once, no later than twelve hours prior to the time of the meeting of the commission referred to, a statement of the time and place of such regular meeting or the time, place and purposes of such special meeting.
(I) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided. Such notice will only be given, however, to one representative of any particular publication or radio or television station. A request for such notification shall be addressed to: "Vice Chairman, Ohio Higher Education Facilities Commission, c/o Ohio Board of Regents, 30 East Broad Street, 36th floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215."
(1) The request shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, his mailing address and a maximum of two telephone numbers where he can be reached. The Ohio board of regents shall maintain a list of all representatives of the news media who have requested notice of special meetings pursuant to paragraph (I) of this rule.
(2) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the vice chairman of the Ohio higher education facilities commission shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(a) Sending written notice, which must be mailed no later than four calendar days prior to the day of the special meeting;
(b) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting; such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the vice chairman has been unable to provide such telephone notice;
(c) Informing such representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(3) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the vice chairman shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing either the notice described in paragraph (I)(2)(b) of this rule or that described in paragraph (I)(2)(c) of this rule, or notifying the clerk of the state house press room. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(4) In giving the notices required by paragraph (I) of this rule, the vice chairman may rely on assistance provided by any member of the staff of the Ohio board of regents and any such notice is complete if given by such member in the manner provided in paragraph (I) of this rule.