(A) As used in this rule, "physical inventory" means determination on a measured basis of the quantity of special nuclear material on hand at a given time. The methods of physical inventory and associated measurements will vary depending on the material to be inventoried and the process involved.
(1) Each licensee shall keep records showing the receipt, inventory (including location), disposal, acquisition, and transfer of all special nuclear material in their possession regardless of its origin or method of acquisition. Licensees who possess one gram or more of uranium-235, uranium-233, or plutonium must comply with United States nuclear regulatory commission annual reporting requirements listed in 10 CFR 74.13 (as adopted on June 9, 2008).
(2) Each record that is required by the rules in this chapter or by license condition must be maintained and retained for the period specified by the appropriate rule or license condition. If a retention period is not otherwise specified by regulation or license condition, the licensee shall retain the record until the director terminates each license that authorizes the activity that is subject to the recordkeeping requirement.
(3) Each record of receipt, acquisition, or physical inventory of special nuclear material that must be maintained pursuant to paragraph (B)(1) of this rule must be retained as long as the licensee retains possession of the material and for three years following transfer of such material.
(4) Each record of transfer of special nuclear material to other persons must be retained by the licensee who transferred the material until the director terminates the license authorizing the licensee's possession of the material.
(5) Before license termination, licensees shall forward the following records to the director:
(6) If licensed activities are transferred or assigned in accordance with paragraph (A)(2) of rule 3701:1-56-04 of the Administrative Code, the licensee shall transfer the following records to the new licensee and the new licensee will be responsible for maintaining these records until the license is terminated: