(A) For any administration requiring a written directive, the licensee shall develop, implement, and maintain written procedures to provide high confidence that:
(1) The patient's or human research subject's identity is verified before each administration; and
(2) Each administration is in accordance with the written directive.
(B) At a minimum, the procedures required by paragraph (A) of this rule must address the following items that are applicable to the licensee's use of radioactive material:
(1) Verifying the identity of the patient or human research subject;
(2) Verifying that the administration is in accordance with the treatment plan, if applicable, and the written directive;
(3) Checking both manual and computer-generated dose calculations; and
(4) Verifying that any computer-generated dose calculations are correctly transferred into the consoles of therapeutic medical units authorized by rule 3701:1-58-55 or 3701:1-58-72 of the Administrative Code.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3701:1-58-16