(A) A long-term care facility, employee organization, person, or government entity seeking approval of a TCEP shall make an application to the director or the director's designee for approval of the program, and shall provide any documentation requested by the director or designee, in accordance with this rule. The application may be filed at any time.
(B) To make application, the applicant shall file with the director or the director's designee one typed original of the completed application forms prescribed and provided by the director or the designee and all attachments required by paragraph (C) of this rule. For the purposes of this rule, a document is filed when it is received by the director or the director's designee.
(C) The application for initial approval of a TCEP shall be accompanied by:
(1) A nonrefundable application fee of three hundred dollars.
(2) Documentation that each of the following individuals possesses the qualifications required by rule 3701-18-09 of the Administrative Code:
(a) The proposed program coordinator;
(b) Each proposed primary instructor who will provide any part of the classroom instruction, including laboratory simulation, clinical experience, or evaluation of trainees. The documentation shall not be submitted for guest lecturers;
(3) A copy of the agreement between the applicant and the proposed program coordinator required by paragraph (A) of rule 3701-18-09 of the Administrative Code, unless the applicant plans to operate a facility-based TCEP and the program coordinator is an employee of the facility.
(4) The location and a description of the physical facilities that a TCEP intends to use for classroom instruction, including any laboratory simulation; and
(5) The name, address, facility provider number or, if the facility is not medicare or medicaid certified, the facility license number or "code number, if applicable," and a description of each long-term care facility with which the program will have arrangements for provision of the clinical experience portion of the program, and copies of the written agreements reflecting those arrangements. A facility-based TCEP is not required to submit a copy of a written agreement with the long-term care facility that operates the program.
(6) A curriculum plan, on a form prescribed by the director or the director's designee, for each curriculum standard listed in the appendix to rule 3701-18-12 of the Administrative Code.
(a) The curriculum plan shall include at least the following information for each standard:
(i) The performance objectives prepared in accordance with paragraph (B) of rule 3701-18-12 of the Administrative Code;
(ii) A topical content outline for each performance objective that describes what will be taught. If the applicant proposes to address a standard by using a textbook, the applicant shall summarize the content of the portion of the textbook used to address the standard on the application form;
(iii) The number of hours to be spent in classroom instruction and clinical experience, and the teaching methods to be used, including interactive video discs or similar media; and
(iv) The titles of the individuals who will be providing the instruction or supervising the clinical experience.
(b) The applicant may use curriculum plans in its application which already have been determined by the director or the director's designee to meet the requirements of rule 3701-18-12 of the Administrative Code if the following requirements are met:
(i) The applicant shall certify that it intends to use the previously approved curriculum plan without change or shall describe any proposed variations; and
(ii) The applicant shall submit with its application the titles of the individuals who will be providing instruction and the topic areas and standards that they will be teaching, and the titles of the individuals who will be supervising clinical experience.
(7) A description of the overall evaluation methodology and a sample copy of a skills checklist to be used to determine successful performance of a skill; and
(8) The overall plan for scheduling and implementing both the classroom instruction and clinical experience portions of the program.
(D) If an applicant proposes to offer two or more programs simultaneously, using different primary instructors or different teams of primary instructors, the applicant shall file a separate application and pay a separate application fee for each such program. A separate application is not required if the applicant wishes to list individuals to serve as substitutes when the regular primary instructors are unavailable. Any such individuals shall possess the qualifications required by the applicable provisions of this chapter.
(E) The director or the director's designee may request any additional information necessary to assess compliance with the applicable criteria for program approval established by this chapter. The applicant shall provide any requested additional information within the time specified by the director or the designee. The director or designee shall mail a written notice to the applicant either approving or proposing to deny approval of a TCEP within sixty days of receipt of the application.
(F) No applicant shall obtain or attempt to obtain approval of a TCEP fraudulently or deceptively.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/21/2011 and 12/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3721.28, 3721.29, 3721.30
Rule Amplifies: 3721.33, 3721.34
Prior Effective Dates: 8/31/1989 (Emer.), 12/1/89 (Emer.), 4/20/90 (Emer.), 7/16/90, 9/5/93, 2/10/02, 5/1/07, 3/25/10