(A) The director or the director's designee shall approve an application for approval or reapproval as a train-the-trainer program if the applicant complies with the criteria, standards and requirements for an approved TTT program established by sections 3721.30 and 3721.31 of the Revised Code and by the applicable provisions of rules 3701-18-14 to 3701-18-21 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The approval or reapproval of a TTT program issued under paragraph (A) of this rule expires two years after the date of issuance.
(C) After receiving notice of approval or reapproval from the director or the director's designee, an approved program shall comply with all of the following requirements:
(2) The program shall notify the director or the director's designee of any proposed change in the program administrator or faculty members, curriculum content change of more than three hours, or any change in the site of the classroom instruction or training skills practice portions of the program. This notification shall be filed in writing with the director or the director's designee at least ten business days prior to the planned implementation date for the proposed change. All proposed changes must be approved by the director or the director's designee prior to implementation.
(3) The program shall notify the director or the director's designee in writing at least forty-five days before curtailing or discontinuing training activities.
(a) This notification shall include a statement of the approved program's plans for disposition of records and a final report including the information required under paragraphs (C)(1) to (C)(5) of rule 3701-18-15 of the Administrative Code. The director or the director's designee may request that the program submit its records to the director or designee.
(b) The notification also shall include documentation that the program has arranged for the current participants to be permitted to complete their training at another approved program without additional cost and that it has refunded all money collected for enrollment in future classes.
(c) The director or the director's designee may allow the notification required by this paragraph to be filed not less than forty-five days before training ceases, upon a finding that the program was unable to file sooner for reasons beyond its control or that compliance with the forty-five day notice requirement will cause unusual and unnecessary hardship.
(4) The program shall notify the director or the director's designee of its scheduled programs as soon as possible prior to conducting them.
(a) If a program's curriculum contains subject matter in addition to the subject matter required by rule 3701-18-21 of the Administrative Code, the program shall specify the times when the required subject matter will be addressed.
(b) The notification shall include the location at which the classroom instruction or training skills practice portions of the program will be conducted.
(c) The program shall notify the director or the director's designee immediately upon cancellation of any scheduled training.
(5) The program shall provide any additional information or documents pertinent to operation of the program or compliance with this chapter to the director or the director's designee upon request.
(6) The program shall permit the director or the director's designee to have access to its staff, physical facilities, classes and records.
(7) If the program conducted a program during a given month, it shall submit to the director or the director's designee, no later than the seventh day of the following month, a report listing the name of each individual who successfully completed or failed the approved program during the month for which the report is made, as determined by the program in accordance with paragraph (E) of rule 3701-18-21 of the Administrative Code.
(8) The program shall issue a document, on a form prescribed by the director or the director's designee, to each participant who successfully completes the program and shall provide the participant the original document. The document, at minimum, shall contain the participant's name, the name of the program, the program approval number assigned by the director or the director's designee, and a statement that the participant successfully completed the program on a specified date. A TTT program that provides instruction to individuals who are seeking to meet the requirements of paragraph (B)(3)(a), (B)(3)(b), (B)(3)(c) or (F)(2) of rule 3701-18-09 of the Administrative Code shall provide to each individual who successfully completes the required instruction the original documentation evidencing the successful completion.
(9) The program shall comply with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252 (1964), 42 U.S.C. 2000d , as amended (1986), section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 84 Stat. 394 (1973), 29 U.S.C. 794 , as amended (2002), the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, 89 Stat. 728 (1975), 42 U.S.C. 6101 , as amended (2002), the Americans with Disabilities Act, 104 Stat. 328 (1990), 42 U.S.C. 12101 , as amended (1995), and any other applicable nondiscrimination legislation.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3721.30
Rule Amplifies: 3721.31
Prior Effective Dates: 8/31/1989 (Emer.), 12/1/89 (Emer.), 4/20/90 (Emer.), 7/16/90, 9/5/93, 5/1/07