(A) Each approved train-the-trainer program shall provide a combined total of at least twenty-eight hours of instruction, including classroom instruction and training skills practice. The instruction shall address the topic areas listed in this paragraph for at least the specified amount of time, including the required amount of training skills practice, and the TTT program curriculum standards set forth in the appendix to this rule. The instruction under each standard shall be comparable to the material set forth in the appendix. The amount of time required for coverage of each topic area may be allocated among the standards within the topic area in whatever fashion best suits the needs of the program's participants. The TTT program shall provide at least four hours of instruction in addition to the minimum hours required for the topic areas listed in this paragraph. These four hours may be used by the program in whatever fashion best suits the needs of the program's participants. The TTT program shall include instruction on all of the following:
(1) Program overview - one-half hour;
(2) The foundation of the training and competency evaluation program - two hours;
(3) The framework for training - three and one-half hours;
(4) The training environment - one and one-half hours;
(5) The course material design and development process - four and one-half hours, two and one-half of which shall be devoted to training skills practice;
(6) Implementation and evaluation - two and one-half hours, one and one-half of which shall be devoted to training skills practice;
(7) Presentation practice - seven and one-half hours, four and one-half of which shall be devoted to training skills practice; and
(8) Review of the Ohio Administrative Code rules - two hours.
(B) Each approved TTT program shall establish behaviorally stated objectives and measurable performance criteria for each topic area and standard listed in paragraph (A) of this rule and the pertinent portions of the appendix to this rule. The relevant objectives shall be reviewed with the participants at the beginning of each portion of the program so that each participant will understand what he or she is expected to know and to execute for successful completion of that part of the program.
(C) Each approved TTT program shall evaluate the participants in the program, except that the program is not required to evaluate participants who are enrolled in the program for the purposes of meeting the exceptions to the TTT training requirements specified in paragraph (B)(3)(a), (B)(3)(b), or (B)(3)(c) or the requirements of paragraph (F)(2) of rule 3701-18-09 of the Administrative Code. The evaluation, at minimum, shall consist of a written examination and a process for evaluating training skills. The evaluation shall be based upon the objectives and performance criteria established under paragraph (B) of this rule. The written examination, at minimum, shall consist of thirty multiple-choice questions. The training skills evaluation process, at minimum, shall include assessment of the participant's oral presentation of a TCEP subject matter component. The presentation shall address the same component as the participant's presentation under standard VII.2 in the appendix to this rule, with any changes made as the result of critiques by faculty members and other participants. The training skills evaluation process also shall include assessment of the sample performance objectives prepared by the participant during the training skills practice portions of the program.
(D) Each approved TTT program shall develop and provide each participant with a training manual which includes resource materials useful for offering a TCEP. The manual shall include at least copies of this chapter, including appendices, selected articles which discuss current and future issues in long-term care, resource materials useful for offering a TCEP. The material describing current national and state demographic trends affecting long-term care, reference material on techniques and strategies for training, sections 3721.10 to 3721.34 of the Revised Code, and a bibliography of current training reference resources. Each approved TTT program shall make available to any participant, who requests such material, any relevant guidelines issued by the director or the director's designee.
(E) For a participant to complete an approved TTT program successfully, all of the following standards, at minimum, shall be met:
(1) The participant attended all twenty-eight hours of instruction, including classroom instruction and training skills practice, or made up any missed portion to the satisfaction of the program administrator or a faculty member;
(2) The participant received a passing score of at least seventy per cent on the written examination given by the program; and
(3) The program administrator or faculty members have documented that the sample performance objectives prepared by the participant during the training skills practice portion of the TTT program and the participant's oral presentation, as required by paragraph (C) of this rule, were satisfactory.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/21/2011 and 12/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3721.28, 3721.29, 3721.303721.28, 3721.29, 3721.30
Rule Amplifies: 3721.30 , 3721.31
Prior Effective Dates: 8/31/1989 (Emer.), 12/1/89 (Emer.), 4/20/90 (Emer.), 7/16/90, 9/5/93, 2/10/02, 5/1/07