(A) Each pediatric respite care program shall make available counseling services to the pediatric respite patient and the pediatric respite patient's family upon request. Counseling services shall include dietary, spiritual, bereavement and any other necessary counseling services while the patient is a resident in the pediatric respite care program. Counseling services shall be provided by a qualified interdisciplinary team member or one or more other qualified individuals, as determined by the pediatric respite care program.
(1) Counseling services shall be organized to meet the needs of the pediatric respite patients and their families;
(2) The program shall assess the needs of patients and families for spiritual counseling, in accordance with their religious preferences or self-determined goals; and
(3) The pediatric respite care program shall provide dietary counseling. Dietary counseling shall include use of food and mealtime to promote quality of life for pediatric respite care patients and to meet their needs for symptom control. Dietary counseling shall be planned and provided by or under the supervision of a dietitian or, if the program is unable to obtain the services of a dietitian, by a nurse.
(B) The pediatric respite care program shall make reasonable efforts to arrange for visits of clergy and other members of religious organizations in the community to patients who request visits and shall apprise patients of this opportunity.
(C) Each pediatric respite care program shall provide bereavement services, if requested, for pediatric respite patients' families. Bereavement services shall be provided under the supervision of a designated qualified professional with education or experience in providing those services.
(1) The plan of care for bereavement services shall reflect family needs and shall specify the frequency services are to be delivered and the persons furnishing the services; and
(2) Bereavement services shall be based on an assessment of the family's needs and its ability to cope with grief.