(A) A pediatric respite care program shall ensure that nursing services are available twenty-four hours per day and seven days a week in each facility used to provide care to its patients.
(1) These services shall be sufficient to meet the nursing needs of the pediatric respite care patients residing in the facility; and
(2) Each shift shall be staffed by a nurse who provides direct patient care. If staffed by a licensed practical nurse, a registered nurse shall be on call and available.
(B) The number and type of personnel shall be sufficient to meet the needs of the pediatric respite care patients.
(C) A pediatric respite care program facility shall provide each patient's treatments, medications, and diets as prescribed or ordered.
(D) The facility shall keep each patient comfortable, clean, well-groomed, and protected from accident, injury, and infection.
(1) Patient's shall be protected from accident and injury through the use of appropriate safety measures;
(2) Routine, special care, and emergency needs of all patients shall be met at all times; and
(3) Patient calls shall be responded to promptly.