[This rule designated an internal management rule.]
(A) The function of providing administrative direction, leadership, and coordination of the activities of the bureaus of community health care facilities and services, long term care quality, information and operational support, and regulatory compliance is prescribed for the division of quality assurance.
(B) The following functions are prescribed for the office of the chief of the division of quality assurance:
(1) Research, advise and consult with bureau staff and division chief on policy matters, licensing, certification and quality assurance and improvement processes, and various sensitive issues. Prepare responses or research reports to address specialized inquiries;
(2) Provide technical assistance to division bureaus in five year rule review mandated by section 119.032 of the Revised Code, and the drafting and interpretation of rules to be promulgated by the director or public health council for the administration of division programs;
(3) Develop, publish and periodically disseminate to providers and other parties with an interest in areas regulated by the division, information pertaining to federal and state policy procedural directives and other reference materials;
(4) Establish data collection parameters to implement requirements of section 3702.30 of the Revised Code pertaining to health care facilities, excluding freestanding radiation therapy centers and freestanding or mobile diagnostic imaging centers. Generate reports of data collected from health care facilities under Chapter 3701-83 of the Administrative Code;
(5) Provide training to staff in ODH, other state agencies, providers, and the general public on federal and state regulations, legislation, policies and procedures pertaining to persons regulated by the division;
(8) Administer the provisions of the safety and quality-of-care standards, pursuant to sections 3702.11 to 3702.20 of the Revised Code, and the rules adopted under those sections for health care services excluding linear accelerator, cobalt radiation and gamma knife services and obstetric and newborn care services; and
(C) The following minimum qualifications of the chief of the division of quality assurance are prescribed:
(1) A master's degree in a health-related field and five years of broad-based experience in health-related management; or
(2) Other equivalent combination of education and experience.
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3701.34
Rule Amplifies: 3701.34
Prior Effective Dates: 12/31/1977, 7/18/81, 9/27/90, 5/20/91, 10/31/91, 8/17/92, 1/1/94, 5/4/95, 4/15/96, 7/21/97, 10/16/98, 3/21/99, 5/6/00, 6/19/00, 2/26/01, 6/16/03, 11/26/07, 5/28/09