(A) Except as specified in paragraph (B) of this rule, a licensor shall inspect food service operations at least every fifteen months as follows:
(1) Risk level I: at least one standard inspection each licensing period.
(2) Risk level II: at least one standard inspection each licensing period.
(3) Risk level III: at least two standard inspections each licensing period.
(4) Risk level IV: at least two standard inspections and two critical control point inspections, and if applicable two variance reviews each licensing period. The licensor may conduct the critical control point inspections on the same visits as the standard inspections and when applicable verify the terms of any variance that may have been issued.
(5) Mobile food service operations: at least one standard inspection each licensing period;
(6) Temporary food service operation: at least one inspection during the period of operation; and
(7) New food service operations: one standard inspection not later than thirty days after the license has been issued. If less than six months remain in a licensing period, the licensor may elect to eliminate one standard inspection, and one critical control inspection and one variance review for an operation classified as risk level III or IV. For the purpose of this rule, new food service operation means a food service operation that, in accordance with rule 3701-21-03 of the Administrative Code, the licensor requires a facility layout and equipment specifications review be submitted for approval.
(B) The licensor shall inspect at least fifty percent of an operator's vending machine locations each licensing period.
Eff 11-27-2000; 12-21-01
(Emer.); 3-21-02; 12-1-04
Rule promulgated under: RC 119.03
Rule authorized by: RC 3717.04 , 3717.51
Rule amplifies: RC 3717.04 , 3717.47
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/21/2009 and 10/15/2014