In addition to the requirements set forth in rule 3701-25-08 of the Administrative Code, the operator shall ensure that waste water disposal facilities meet the following requirements.
(A) In areas where waste water is generated, waste water disposal facilities shall be located no farther than two hundred feet walking distance;
(B) Waste water disposal facilities shall be easily accessible and provided with a sign indicating that the facility is for liquid waste water only and that no sewage is permitted;
(C) Waste water disposal facilities shall be designed and constructed to accept liquid waste and maintained to keep the facility and the area around the facility free from any liquid waste nuisances;
(D) Direct or indirect connection of any pipe, hose or direct discharge from any source to a waste water disposal facility is prohibited.
(E) Except as provided in paragraph (F) of this rule, a waste water disposal facility installed in a camp after the effective date of this rule shall consist of one of the following:
(1) A plastic or concrete holding tank which is of a water-tight design and is capable of holding at least two hundred fifty gallons. The drain opening through which waste water is deposited into the holding tank shall be installed in a plastic or concrete riser which shall extend a minimum of eighteen inches above the ground surface. The drain opening shall be surrounded by a surface which extends from the opening to the sides of the riser and which slopes to the opening. The drain opening shall be covered by a drain grate and shall be located at least four inches below the top edge of the riser; or
(2) An individual connection to an approved sewage collection system; or
(3) An alternative waste water disposal system approved by the health commissioner when it can be determined that the soil conditions are conducive for filtration of liquid waste water.
(F) A camp that was in existence on or before the effective date of this rule is not required to comply with paragraph (E) of this rule unless either of the following is the case:
(1) The camp is substantially altered or expanded in such a manner that an approval is required under rule 3701-25-02 of the Administrative Code; or
(2) The health commissioner determines that any existing waste water disposal facility is causing a nuisance because its location, installation, or design is not in compliance with paragraph (C) of this rule.
(G) The Ohio environmental protection agency shall approve plans for waste water disposal facilities located within a one hundred year flood plain.
(H) All waste water disposal facilities shall be installed and maintained in accordance with the approved plans.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/23/2008 and 07/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3701.34
Rule Amplifies: 3701.13
Prior Effective Dates: 9/6/1998