(A) When gray water disposal facilities are required at a recreational vehicle park, recreation camp or combined park-camp as specified in rule 3701-26-12 of the Administrative Code, the licensee shall ensure that the gray water disposal facilities meet the following requirements:
(1) Gray water disposal facilities shall be located so that no park or camp site is farther than two hundred feet in walking distance and there shall be no more than one facility for every twelve sites. Whenever park or camp design or site spacing prohibits meeting both the distance and gray water facilities-to-site ratio of this rule, the number of gray water facilities may be increased only to the minimum extent required to meet the two hundred feet walking distance requirement. Where portable camping units are segregated in a combined park-camp, the number of gray water disposal facilities required shall be based on the number of those segregated sites.
(2) Gray water disposal facilities shall be easily accessible and provided with a sign indicating that the facility is for gray water only and that no sewage is permitted.
(3) Gray water disposal facilities shall be designed and constructed to accept gray water and maintained to keep the facility and the area around the facility free from any nuisances.
(4) Direct or indirect connection of any pipe, hose or direct discharge from any recreational vehicle, portable camping unit or other source to a gray water disposal facility is prohibited.
(5) Except as provided in paragraphs (A)(6) and (A)(7) of this rule, a gray water disposal facility installed in a park or camp after August 17, 1992 shall consist of one of the following:
(a) A plastic or concrete holding tank which is of a water tight design and is capable of holding at least two hundred fifty gallons. The drain opening through which gray water is deposited into the holding tank shall be installed in a plastic or concrete riser which shall extend a minimum of twelve inches above the ground surface. The drain opening shall be surrounded by a surface which extends from the opening to the sides of the riser and which slopes to the opening. The drain opening shall be covered by a drain grate and shall be located at least four inches below the top edge of the riser. As of March 22, 1997, the drain opening of a new or substantially altered holding tank shall be installed in a riser which shall extend a minimum of eighteen inches above the ground surface; or
(b) Individual site connections to a sewage collection system; or
(c) An alternative gray water disposal system approved by the director when it can be determined that the soil conditions are conducive for filtration of gray water.
(6) A park or camp that was in existence and licensed on or before August 17, 1992 is not required to comply with paragraph (A)(5) of this rule unless either of the following is the case:
(a) The park or camp is substantially altered or expanded in such a manner that an approval is required under rule 3701-26-02 of the Administrative Code; or
(b) The licensor determines that any existing gray water disposal facility is causing a nuisance because its location, installation or design is not in compliance with paragraph (A)(3) of this rule.
(7) Temporary park-camps shall comply with the requirements of paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) of this rule and shall provide adequate methods for disposal of gray water from camping units which may include but are not limited to:
(a) On-site gray water disposal facilities which comply with the requirements of paragraph (A)(5) of this rule; or
(b) Disposal in accordance with paragraph (F) or (G) of rule 3701-26-11 of the Administrative Code.
(8) As of March 22, 1997, the Ohio environmental protection agency shall approve plans for gray water disposal facilities located within a one hundred year floodplain.
(9) All gray water disposal facilities shall be installed and maintained in accordance with the approved plans.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/05/2013 and 11/15/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3729.02
Rule Amplifies: 3729.02
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/1965, 1/1/72, 4/3/80, 8/17/92, 3/22/97, 5/1/07