(A) A health care provider with knowledge of a case or suspect case of a disease which is required by law to be reported, including all class "A", class "B", and class "C" categories of disease designated as reportable under rule 3701-3-02 of the Administrative Code, shall submit a case report in the manner set forth in rule 3701-3-05 of the Administrative Code.
(1) A health care provider may submit electronic reports in the manner approved by the director.
(2) Unless otherwise demonstrated, a health care provider who submits electronic reports in the manner approved by the director shall be presumed compliant with section 3701.23 of the Revised Code and rules 3701-3-02, 3701-3-04, and 3701-3-05 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Reports of cases and suspect cases shall include, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Case or suspect case information: name, diagnosis or suspected diagnosis, date of birth, sex, telephone number, and street address including city, state, and zip code.
(2) Health care provider information: name, telephone number, and street address including city, state, and zip code.
(3) Supplementary information as needed to complete official surveillance forms provided or set forth by the director.
(C) Any individual having knowledge of a person suffering from a disease suspected of being communicable is authorized to report to public health authorities all known facts relating to the case or incident.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 06/30/2016 and 09/15/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3701.23
Rule Amplifies: 3701.23
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/1964, 3/13/80, 7/23/98, 1/1/09, 2/1/11