(A) A health care provider with knowledge of a case or suspect case of a disease which is required by law to be reported, including all class "A", class "B", and class "C" categories of disease designated as reportable under rule 3701-3-02 of the Administrative Code, shall submit a case report in the manner set forth in rule 3701-3-05 of the Administrative Code .
(1) A health care provider may submit electronic reports in the manner approved by the director .
(2) Unless otherwise demonstrated, a health care provider who submits electronic reports in the manner approved by the director shall be presumed compliant with section 3701.23 of the Revised Code and rules 3701-3-02 , 3701-3-04 , and 3701-3-05 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Reports of cases and suspect cases shall include, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Case or suspect case information: name, diagnosis or suspected diagnosis, date of birth, sex, telephone number, and street address including city, state, and zip code.
(2) Health care provider information: name, telephone number, and street address including city, state, and zip code.
(3) Supplementary information as needed to complete official surveillance forms provided or set forth by the director .
(C) Any individual having knowledge of a person suffering from a disease suspected of being communicable is authorized to report to public health authorities all known facts relating to the case or incident.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/18/2010 and 02/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3701.23 , 3701.34
Rule Amplifies: 3701.23
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/64, 4/13/80, 7/23/1998, 1/1/09