(A) For the purpose of this rule
(1) "Biological or chemical toxins" mean poisonous compounds produced by a microorganism or a poisonous chemical compound that pose a risk of human fatality or disability.
(2) "Novel infectious agents" mean agents that are unusual that pose a risk of human fatality or disability.
(3) "Other health-related entity" means an entity that employs health care providers, but that does not have an obligation to report events to the health district having jurisdiction in accordance with the requirements of Chapters 3701. and 3707. of the Revised Code.
(B) A poison control prevention and treatment center or other health-related entity shall report the following events:
(1) An unexpected pattern or increase in the number of telephone inquiries or requests to provide information about poison prevention and treatment and available services;
(2) An unexpected pattern or increase in the number of requests to provide specialized treatment, consultation, information, and educational programs to health care professionals and the public;
(3) An unexpected pattern or increase in the number of requests for information on established or novel infectious agents or biological or chemical toxins posing a risk of human fatality or disability that is relatively uncommon and may have been caused by bioterrorism.
(C) Unless provided otherwise, all reports required by paragraph (B) of this rule shall be submitted to the health commissioner of the health district having jurisdiction over the event. Poison control prevention and treatment centers and other health-related entities shall immediately report an event as specified in rule 3701-3-02 of the Administrative Code, to the extent known or suspected, or upon the request from the director in the manner specified in paragraph (B) of rule 3701-3-03 of the Administrative Code.
(D) As required by division (C) of section 3701.201 of the Revised Code, poison control prevention and treatment centers and other health-related entities shall report information regarding events as specified in this rule. A poison control prevention and treatment center or other entity that does not report events in compliance with this rule is subject to an administrative fine as specified in rule 3701-73-02 of the Administrative Code.