(A) A lead abatement worker is licensed to perform lead abatement. In a residential unit, child care facility or school, or the soil surrounding it, or both, a lead abatement worker may perform:
(1) Lead abatement;
(2) Lead-safe renovation;
(3) Essential maintenance practices;
(4) Interim controls; and
(5) Paint stabilization.
(B) A lead abatement worker shall not:
(1) Supervise lead abatement;
(2) Perform or provide advice on lead inspections;
(3) Perform or provide advice on lead-based paint sampling;
(4) Perform or provide advice on clearance examinations;
(5) Perform or provide advice on lead risk assessments;
(6) Perform or provide advice on lead hazard screen risk assessments;
(7) Perform or provide advice on other lead assessment activity;
(8) Design lead abatement projects; or
(9) Prepare pre-abatement plans.
(C) To apply for a license as a lead abatement worker, an individual shall comply with the applicable provisions of rule 3701-32-04 of the Administrative Code.
(D) No lead abatement worker shall perform lead abatement without the on-site supervision of a lead abatement contractor or a lead abatement project designer.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3742.03
Rule Amplifies: 3742.02 , 3742.04 , 3742.05 , 3742.06 , 3742.071 , 3742.08 , 3742.10 , 3742.15 , 3742.16 , 3742.17 , 3742.20 , 3642.46, 3742.50
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/94 (Emer.), 5/11/95, 10/6/95 (Emer.), 11/23/95, 3/21/98, 6/19/03, 4/1/04