(A) To comply with minimum standards of habitability:
(1) Toilet facilities, including privies and chemical portable toilets approved by the licensor, shall be constructed, located, and maintained in a sanitary condition so as to prevent any nuisance or public health hazard.
(2) Water closets or privy seats for each sex shall be in the ratio of not less than one seat for each fifteen occupants with a minimum of one seat for each sex in common use facilities.
(3) Urinals constructed of materials impervious to moisture may be substituted for men's toilet seats on the basis of one urinal, or twenty-four inches of trough-type urinal, for one toilet seat up to a maximum of one-third of the required toilet seats. In toilet facilities, constructed or extensively altered after April 2, 1985, urinals shall be provided on the basis of one unit for each twenty-five male camp occupants, and the floor from the wall to a distance of not less than fifteen inches from the outward edge of the urinals shall be constructed of materials impervious to moisture.
(4) Except in individual family units, separate toilet accommodations for men and women shall be provided. If toilet facilities for men and women are in the same building, they shall be separated by a solid wall from floor to roof or ceiling or a solid wall extending to a minimum height of at least eight feet. Toilets shall be distinctly marked for "men" and for "women" by signs printed in both English and the native language of the persons occupying the camp or marked with easily understood pictures or symbols.
(5) Where common use toilet facilities are provided, an adequate and accessible supply of toilet tissue with holders shall be furnished, or each agricultural camp occupant may provide his or her own supply of toilet tissue.
(6) In common use toilet facilities, including privies, the following shall be provided:
(a) Adequate lighting at all hours of the day provided by an artificial light source located within the facility or a combination of an artificial light source located in the facility and natural light;
(b) Adequate ventilation provided by natural or mechanical means;
(c) Self-closing doors for all entrances/exits, and sixteen-mesh screening for all outside openings that provide ventilation.
(7) No water closet, chemical toilet or urinal shall be located in a room used for other than toilet purposes.
(8) Individual family unit toilet facilities, including privies, shall have adequate lighting provided at all hours of the day by an artificial light source located within the facility or a combination of an artificial light source located in the facility and natural light, and shall have adequate ventilation provided by natural or mechanical means. All outside openings that provide ventilation shall be covered with sixteen-mesh screening.
(9) Toilet facilities shall be located within two hundred feet of each housing unit.
(10) Privies and chemical portable toilets approved by the licensor shall not be located closer than fifty feet to any housing unit or any facility where food is prepared or served.
(11) Chemical portable toilets approved by the licensor may be used if supplied in the same ratio as specified in paragraph (A)(2) of this rule. The operator shall provide the licensor with proof of a properly executed contract specifying that each chemical portable toilet holding tank will be pumped and cleaned at least once a week or more often if necessary.
(B) To comply with the voluntary standards of habitability:
(1) All family type housing units shall be provided with individual water flush toilets which shall be located so that no individual is required to pass through a sleeping area, other than his or her own, in order to use the toilet facilities.
(2) All common use toilet facilities shall be provided with water flush toilets and urinals which shall be located so that no individual is required to pass through a sleeping room, other than his or her own, in order to use the toilet facilities.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/01/2008 and 08/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3733.42
Prior Effective Dates: 6/1/1975, 4/2/85, 9/6/98