(A) To apply for certification as an asbestos hazard abatement worker, a person shall submit an application in accordance with rule 3701-34-03 of the Administrative Code. The application for an asbestos hazard abatement worker certificate shall include:
(1) Name, social security number, date of birth and mailing address of applicant;
(2) Employer's name and mailing address;
(3) Business and home telephone numbers;
(4) Name and location of asbestos training courses with attached copies of certificates;
(5) List of any asbestos licenses or certifications the applicant holds or has held in any other state; and
(6) Information regarding any felony convictions under any state or federal law designated to protect the environment.
(B) To become certified and to maintain certification under this rule, an asbestos hazard abatement worker shall meet the following criteria:
(1) Submittal of a completed application on a form prescribed by the director;
(2) Payment of the fee required by rule 3701-34-03 of the Administrative Code;
(3) Satisfactory completion of a training course in the abatement of asbestos hazards, approved by the director pursuant to rule 3701-34-07 of the Administrative Code;
(4) A passing score of at least seventy per cent on an approved examination; and
(5) For renewal of certification, satisfactory completion of an annual renewal training course approved by the director pursuant to section 3710. of the Revised Code and rule 3701-34-07 of the Administrative Code.
(C) An asbestos hazard abatement worker engaging in any asbestos hazard abatement project shall, during the course of the project:
(1) Perform each asbestos hazard abatement activity in compliance with the applicable procedures and methods established by regulations of the United States environmental protection agency, 40 C.F.R. Part 61, Subpart M, and 40 C.F.R. Part 763, Subpart G and the United States occupational safety and health administration, 29 C.F.R. 1926.1101 ;
(2) Accurately, truthfully and competently perform and complete any asbestos hazard abatement activities and any other work performed by the asbestos hazard abatement worker in that capacity;
(3) Maintain proof of valid certification, respirator fit test, and physician's written opinion at all times at each project site;
(4) Notify the director, in writing, within five business days of making any change which would render the information in the application for certification no longer accurate; and
(5) Properly utilize protective clothing and protection equipment as described by the United States environmental protection agency in subpart (G) of 40 C.F.R. 763, and the United States occupational safety and health administration in 29 C.F.R. 1926.1101 .
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/04/2010 and 09/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3710.02
Rule Amplifies: 3710.05 , 3710.08
Prior Effective Dates: 2/1/1994, 9/19/04