(A) To apply for an asbestos hazard abatement air-monitoring technician certificate, a person shall submit an application in accordance with rule 3701-34-03 of the Administrative Code. The application for a certificate as an asbestos hazard abatement air-monitoring technician shall include:
(1) Name, social security number, date of birth and mailing address of applicant;
(2) Employer's name and mailing address;
(3) Business and home telephone numbers;
(4) Name and location of asbestos training courses with attached copies of certificates;
(5) List of any asbestos licenses or certificates the applicant holds or has held in any other state; and
(6) Information regarding any felony convictions under any state or federal law designated to protect the environment.
(B) To become certified and maintain certification under this rule, an asbestos hazard abatement air-monitoring technician shall meet the following criteria:
(1) Submittal of a completed application on a form prescribed by the director;
(3) Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
(c) Any training course approved by the director pursuant to rule 3701-34-07 of the Administrative Code and the "National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health" course 582 equivalent course as approved by the director.
(C) An asbestos hazard abatement air-monitoring technician engaging in asbestos air monitoring for the purpose of protecting the public from the health hazards associated with exposure to asbestos shall:
(1) Conduct air-monitoring in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations and state-of-the-art asbestos air sampling methodologies;
(2) Conduct a final inspection of any contained work area to ensure all asbestos debris has been adequately cleaned up prior to the performance of clearance air sampling;
(3) Accurately, truthfully and competently perform and complete asbestos air-monitoring activities, reports, records and any other professional work performed by the asbestos hazard abatement air-monitoring technician in that capacity;
(4) Notify the director, in writing, within five business days of making any change which would render the information in the application for certification no longer accurate; and
(5) Possess proof of valid certification, at all times while at a project site.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 08/29/2014 and 08/15/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3710.02
Rule Amplifies: 3710.05
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/1994, 9/19/04, 9/1/10