(A) In administering funds appropriated for the program:
(1) The director may, in his discretion, designate a program administrator, by contract or other means, to accept applications for participation in the program, verify eligibility for the program, and disburse payments.
(2) The director will supervise distribution of funds.
(3) The director shall establish eligibility criteria for participation in the program.
(4) The director shall prescribe the manner and form for applications from eligible families and audiologists for use in the program.
(5) No later than April first the director will issue guidelines for financial eligibility and family co-payment amounts based upon income. The director will also determine the maximum amount for audiology/hearing services that may be charged by an audiologist or hearing aid dealer and fitter participating in the program. The financial eligibility and co-payment amounts can be found at http://www.odh.ohio.gov/odhprograms/cmh/hearaidasst/Hearing%20Aid%20Assistance%20Program
(B) Applications for assistance under this program for eligible children birth to age 18 must be made through an audiologist. Applications for assistance under this program for eligible children eighteen to twenty-one may be made through an audiologist who:
(1) Is licensed with the Ohio board of speech-language pathology and audiology; and
(2) Agrees to abide by all requirements of participation in the program as set forth in rule 3701-45-04 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Families of eligible children ages eighteen to twenty-one may apply for assistance under this program through a hearing aid dealer and fitter who:
(1) Is licensed with Ohio's hearing aid dealers and fitters board;
(2) Is a BCMH approved hearing aid dealer and fitter and;
(3) Agrees to abide by all requirements of participation in the program as set forth in rule 3701-45-04 of the Administrative Code.
(D) The director or administrator shall:
(1) Verify family eligibility for the program based upon the application submitted from the audiologist;
(2) Disburse funds for payment of hearing aids and provider services; and
(3) Maintain administrative records for implementation of the program.
(E) Funds shall be disbursed in the manner set forth in this chapter until all funds have been expended.