(A) Health resource shortage areas shall include the following:
(1) A geographical area, facility, or population group in this state that is designated by the United States secretary of health and human services as a health professional shortage area for primary care or mental health under 42 CFR in accordance with Appendix A or Appendix C to 42 CFR Part 5, dated October 1, 2007.
(2) A geographical area, facility or population group in this state which:
(a) Has previously been designated as a health professional shortage area as described in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule; and
(b) Has a population to primary care physician ratio exceeding two thousand to one or a population to psychiatrist ratio exceeding twenty thousand to one.
(4) Other areas or population groups which the director has determined to have unmet needs for primary care physicians.
(B) In determining priorities among health resource shortage areas, the director shall consider:
(1) Population groups that experience special health problems; and
(2) Physician practice patterns that limit access to primary care.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/15/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.79
Rule Amplifies: 3702.75, 3702.76, 3702.77
Prior Effective Dates: 10/15/1994, 12/28/01, 8/2/07, 9/6/12