(A) "Applicant" means a person who is under final consideration for employment with a home health agency in a full-time, part-time, or temporary position that involves providing direct care to an individual or is referred to a home health agency by an employment service for such a position.
(D) "Direct care" means any of the following:
(1) Any service identified in paragraphs (H)(1) to (H)(6) of this rule that is provided in a patient's place of residence used as the patient's home; or
(2) Any activity that requires the person performing the activity to be routinely alone with a patient or to routinely have access to a patient's personal property or financial documents regarding a patient; or
(3) For each home health agency individually, any other routine service or activity that the chief administrator of the home health agency designates as direct care.
(E) "Disqualifying information" means any information gathered from a database review that shows a conviction for or a plea of guilt to:
(1) Abuse, neglect, or misappropriation; or
(2) A disqualifying offense.
(G) "Employee" means a person employed by a home health agency in a full-time, part-time, or temporary position that involves providing direct care to an individual and a person who works in such a position due to being referred to a home health agency by an employment service.
(H) "Home health agency" means a person or government entity, other than a nursing home, residential care facility, or hospice care program, that has the primary function of providing any of the following services to a patient at a place of residence used as the patient's home:
(1) Skilled nursing care;
(2) Physical therapy;
(3) Speech-language pathology;
(4) Occupational therapy;
(5) Medical social services; or
(6) Home health aide services.
(I) "Home health aide services" means any of the following services provided by an employee of a home health agency:
(1) Hands-on bathing or assistance with a tub bath or shower;
(2) Assistance with dressing, ambulation, and toileting;
(3) Catheter care but not insertion; or
(4) Meal preparation and feeding.
(K) "Medical social services" means services provided by a social worker under the direction of a patient's attending physician.
(M) "Multiple disqualifying offenses" means two or more disqualifying offenses. Convictions or guilty pleas resulting from or connected with the same act, shall be counted as one conviction or guilty plea.
(Q) "Social worker" means a person licensed under Chapter 4757. of the Revised Code to practice as a social worker or independent social worker.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 9/15/2017 and 09/01/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3701.881
Rule Amplifies: 3701.881
Prior Effective Dates: 7/24/1997 (Emer.), 10/24/97, 11/12/07, 1/1/13