(A) The home shall provide the resident and the resident's sponsor with reasonable notice before the resident's room is changed, including an explanation of the reason for the change.
(B) The home may provide notice in accordance with paragraph (C) of this rule if the reason for the room change is due to one of the following situations:
(1) The resident to be relocated no longer needs the specialized medical services or programs that are the focus of the area of the home where the resident is currently residing;
(2) The resident to be relocated needs the specialized medical services or programs that are the focus of the area of the home to where the resident is to be relocated; or
(3) Another resident or prospective resident needs access to the specialized medical equipment no longer needed by the resident to be relocated, if the medical equipment is the type that cannot be moved from the room.
(C) Notice of a room change due to one of the situations specified in paragraph (B) of this rule is reasonable if the home:
(1) Provided the resident and sponsor a copy of, and explained its policy, regarding transfers in and out of specialized care areas or rooms prior to admitting the resident to the specialized area or room;
(2) Notified the resident and sponsor verbally, followed by written notification, of any pending room change as soon as the home determined the need for any change, but no less than twenty-four hours before the change occurred; and
(3) The notice included an explanation of the reason for the change.
(D) The home shall take into account the preferences of the resident being relocated, the compatibility of any new roommate and, if time permits, provide the resident an opportunity to see the new room, meet the new roommate, and to ask questions prior to the move.