(A) To apply for a license as a radon mitigation specialist, a person shall:
(1) Submit to the director an application on a form prescribed and provided by the director, which shall include but shall not be limited to the following information:
(a) Name and address of applicant;
(b) Federal tax identification number;
(c) Contact information;
(d) Description of any of the following matters to which the applicant or an affiliated, associated, or related person was a party:
(i) Any radon mitigation or radon testing projects which were terminated prior to completion;
(ii) Any penalties, citations, or administrative orders or actions pertaining to radon mitigation or radon testing; and
(iii) Any lawsuits pertaining to radon mitigation or radon testing. Copies of initial pleadings and final orders shall be attached to the application;
(e) The basic quality assurance and quality control procedures as described in rule 3701-69-07 of the Administrative Code that will be utilized to assure the reliability and validity of radon measurements;
(f) The basic quality assurance and quality control procedures as described in rule 3701-69-08 of the Administrative Code, to be utilized to ensure effective radon mitigation and protect the public from unnecessary exposure to radiation;
(g) The radiological safety plan designed to keep each licensee's exposure to radon as low as reasonably achievable;
(h) Type, manufacturer, serial number and model number of all instrumentation to be used in radon measurement. If the applicant will use devices requiring subsequent laboratory analysis, the applicant shall list the name and address of the radon laboratory providing the analysis and its approval number issued under rule 3701-69-12 of the Administrative Code; and
(i) The frequency of instrument calibration, the name of the provider of instrument calibration and most recent proof of calibration. The provider of instrument calibration shall be approved by the manufacturer of the instrument or the director;
(2) Provide documentation of successful completion of the training courses required by paragraph (A)(4)(a) of rule 3701-69-06 of the Administrative Code. The documentation shall include the course title, course sponsor, names of course instructors, date and place of course, and length of course;
(B) Each radon mitigation specialist license issued under this chapter is nontransferable and shall expire two years after the date of issuance. A licensee may apply for renewal of a license by doing all of the following:
(1) Submitting an application for renewal, which shall include the licensee's license number and the information required by paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3), and (A)(4) if applicable, of this rule. The application shall be submitted no less than ninety days before the expiration of the existing license;
(C) An application for a radon mitigation specialist licensure or renewal of a radon mitigation specialist license shall be accompanied by electronic payment of the nonrefundable biennial license fee or a check or money order payable to the "Treasurer, State of Ohio" in the amount of six hundred dollars.
(D) The director may make a written request for the applicant to provide additional information the director determines to be necessary to assess compliance with the criteria, standards, and requirements established by this chapter. The application shall not be considered complete until the director has received the proper fee and any requested additional information.
(1) The applicant shall submit any additional information requested in writing by the director so that it is received in writing by the director within thirty business days of the receipt date of the director's written request.
(2) If the application is still incomplete, the director may make further requests for information.
(3) If applicant fails to respond to the director's written requests for further information or the applicant is not responsive to the director's requests within sixty business days, the application will be denied.
Replaces: part of 3701-69-03
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3723.09
Rule Amplifies: 3723.03 , 3723.04 , 3723.05 , 3723.06 , 3723.08
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/1992, 7/9/01