(A) An approved training program shall:
(1) Provide for adequate facilities for lecture, program examination, and hands-on training and assessment. This includes providing training equipment that reflects current work practices, and maintaining or updating the equipment and facilities as needed;
(2) Issue a unique program completion certificate to each trainee who successfully completes the lead activity program and examination. The program completion certificate shall include:
(a) A unique certificate number;
(b) The name and address of the trainee;
(c) The name of the program that the trainee completed;
(d) Dates of program attendance and the date the program examination was passed;
(e) The name, address, and telephone number of the training program;
(f) A current, original passport type photograph for the purpose of providing proper identification; and
(g) A statement signed by the training manager certifying the following:
"Under civil and criminal penalties of law for the making or submission of false or fraudulent statements or representations ( 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 2615 ), I certify that this training complies with all applicable requirements of Chapter 3742. of the Revised Code";
(3) Notify the director in writing of:
(a) Any change of the address specified in its training program approval application within thirty days of making the change;
(b) The location where required records will be kept and of any change of the location of the records within thirty days of transferring the records from their original location;
(c) The dates the program was held, name of the program, and the name and course completion certificate number of the trainees who have successfully completed an approved training program during the month by the tenth calendar day of the following month;
(d) On a form prescribed by the director:
(i) At least ten business days, or three business days if using the online notification system, prior to the commencement of any approved training program, of the date and place where the approved training program will be held; and
(ii) Any change to the training program notification that would render the information on the notification no longer accurate.
(4) Maintain the following records while approved by the director and at least forty-two months after its last day as an approved training program:
(b) Results of each trainee's program examinations, and a list of each trainee who successfully completed the program, including the unique certificate number issued to each trainee for that program; and
(c) Any other material not listed in this paragraph that was submitted to the director as part of the application for licensure or renewal.
(B) The training manager shall ensure that the approved training program complies at all times with this rule. The training manager shall also:
(1) Develop and implement a quality control plan which shall be used to maintain or improve the quality of the training program. As part of the quality control plan, the training manager shall:
(a) Submit to the director for approval, at least ten calendar days prior to making the change or revision:
(i) Any proposed periodic revisions of training materials and program examination to reflect innovations in the field;
(ii) Any changes made to the program materials;
(iii) Any changes made to the program curriculum; and
(iv) Any changes of the training manager, principal instructor, work-practice instructors, or guest instructors and documentation of qualifications as set forth in rule 3701-82-01.1 of the Administrative Code for the new personnel;
(b) Develop procedures for the training manager's annual review of instructor competency.
(2) Maintain the validity and integrity of the program examination as required in rule 3701-82-01 of the Administrative Code to ensure that the program examination accurately evaluates the trainee's knowledge and retention of the program topics.
(3) Designate a principal instructor who is responsible for the organization of the program and oversight of the teaching of all program material. The training manager shall designate additional instructors as either work-practice instructors or guest instructors for the program or programs the instructors will teach. The training manager shall also ensure that each appointed instructor complies with the qualifications set forth in rule 3701-82-01.1 of the Administrative Code.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3701-82-01.2
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/01/2014 and 04/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3742.08
Rule Amplifies: 3742.02, 3742.04, 3742.05, 3742.10, 3742.15, 3742.16, 3742.19
Prior Effective Dates: 12/30/1994, 3/30/95, 3/26/98, 4/15/04, 7/2/09