(A) The HCF shall assure all staff members provide services in accordance with:
(1) Applicable current and accepted standards of practice and the clinical capabilities of the HCF; and
(2) Applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
(B) The HCF shall have the ancillary and support services necessary for the provision of the HCF's services.
(C) The HCF shall document and review any complications and adverse events which arise during the provision of the facility's service.
(D) The HCF shall establish and follow written infection control policies and procedures for the surveillance, control and prevention and reporting of communicable disease organisms by both the contact and airborne routes which shall be consistent with current infection control guidelines issued by the United States centers for disease control. The policies and procedures shall address:
(1) The utilization of protective clothing and equipment;
(2) The storage, maintenance and distribution of sterile supplies and equipment;
(3) The disposal of biological waste; including blood, body tissue; and fluid in accordance with Ohio law;
(4) Standard precautions/body substance isolation or equivalent; and
(5) Tuberculosis and other airborne diseases.
(E) The HCF shall maintain and operate equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
(F) The HCF shall provide the patient or the patient's representative:
(1) Instruction and education regarding the services to be performed;
(2) Written information about how to obtain appointments and needed services both during and after the HCF's normal hours of operation; and
(3) Verbal and written instructions for post-treatment care and procedures for obtaining emergency care.
(H) The HCF shall require that each physician practicing in the HCF complies with any provision of the Revised Code related to obtaining informed consent from a patient and the policies and procedures of the HCF.
(I) If an HCF finds that a physician practicing at the HCF does not comply with any provision of the Revised Code related to the obtaining of informed consent from a patient, the HCF shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the physician does not continue the practice at the facility.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/07/2011 and 02/10/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.13 , 3702.30
Rule Amplifies: 3702.12 , 3702.13 , 3702.30
Prior Effective Dates: 1/13/1996, 9/5/02, 6/1/06