(A) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall provide services that meet the needs of its patients in accordance with the patient's individual plan of care. The facility shall provide the patient or the patient's representative with:
(1) Information regarding the policies, procedures, and philosophy of the inpatient rehabilitation facility and the services provided at the facility; and
(2) Information concerning the services to be performed.
(B) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall:
(1) Develop and follow current care protocols utilizing accepted standards of care;
(2) Provide services in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations; and
(3) Provide services in accordance with the clinical capabilities of the facility.
(C) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall utilize a coordinated and integrated, interdisciplinary approach to assess patient needs and to provide treatment and evaluation of physical, psychosocial and cognitive deficits. Each patient shall be provided the services of an interdisciplinary team that:
(1) Is directed by a physician who is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation or a specialty appropriate to the services provided or has comparable qualifications and experience, as determined by the medical director; and
(2) Participates in the provision and management of rehabilitation and medical services.
(D) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall provide the services identified by the interdisciplinary team for each individual patient, as set forth in the following documents:
(E) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall respond to medical emergencies that may arise in the provision of services to patients, including emergency cardiac care.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 02/16/2016 and 02/15/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.13, 3702.30
Rule Amplifies: 3702.12, 3702.13, 3702.30
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/2002, 6/1/06