(A) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall provide services that meet the needs of its patients and that are in accordance with the patient's plan of care. The facility shall provide the patient or the patient's representative:
(1) Information regarding the policies, procedures, and philosophy of the inpatient rehabilitation facility and the services provided at the facility; and
(2) Information concerning the services to be performed.
(B) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall:
(1) Develop and follow current care protocols utilizing accepted standards of care;
(2) Provide services in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations; and
(3) Provide services in accordance with the clinical capabilities of the facility.
(C) The inpatient rehabilitation facility shall utilize a coordinated and integrated, interdisciplinary approach to assess patient needs and to provide treatment and evaluation of physical, psychosocial and cognitive deficits. The inpatient rehabilitation facility shall provide each patient with the services of an interdisciplinary team, directed by a physician who is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation or a specialty appropriate to the services provided or has comparable qualifications and experience, as determined by the medical director. The interdisciplinary team shall participate in the provision and management of rehabilitation and medical services.
(D) The inpatient rehabilitation facility shall provide the services identified by the interdisciplinary team for the individual patient, as set forth in the following documents:
(1) The preliminary assessment required by paragraph (C) of rule 3701-83-27 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation evaluation and the treatment plan required by paragraphs (A) and (B) of rule 3701-83-28 of the Administrative Code.
(3) The discharge plan required by paragraph (E) of rule 3701-83-28 of the Administrative Code.
(E) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall respond to medical emergencies that may arise in the provision of services to patients, including emergency cardiac care.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.13 , 3702.30
Rule Amplifies: 3702.12 , 3702.13 , 3702.30
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/2002, 6/1/06