(A) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall develop written criteria for admission of patients to the facility that includes a description of the programs and services available at the facility.
(B) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall not admit a patient to the facility unless the following conditions are met:
(1) The patient is able to tolerate a minimum of three hours of rehabilitation therapy, five days per week;
(2) The patient is medically stable; and
(3) The patient's prognosis indicates a progressively improved medical condition with the potential for increased independence.
(C) Each inpatient rehabilitation facility shall ensure that a written preliminary assessment of each patient is completed by an interdisciplinary team within forty-eight hours of admission that includes, at a minimum, the following:
(1) An evaluation of the appropriateness of the patient's placement in relation to the services available at the particular facility; and
(2) Identification of the immediate needs of the patient.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 02/16/2016 and 02/15/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.13, 3702.30
Rule Amplifies: 3702.12, 3702.13, 3702.30
Prior Effective Dates: 1/13/1996, 9/5/02