(A) The inpatient rehabilitation facility shall develop written criteria for admission of patients to the facility that includes a description of programs and services available at the facility.
(B) The inpatient rehabilitation facility shall not admit a patient to the facility unless the following conditions are met:
(1) The patient is able to tolerate a minimum of three hours of rehabilitation therapy, five days per week;
(2) The patient is medically stable; and
(3) The patient's prognosis indicates a progressively improved medical condition with the potential for increased independence.
(C) The inpatient rehabilitation facility shall complete a written preliminary assessment of each patient within forty-eight hours of admission. An interdisciplinary team shall perform the preliminary assessment that shall include at least the following:
(1) An evaluation of the appropriateness of placement in relation to the services available at the particular facility; and
(2) Identification of the immediate needs of the patient.