(A) Each freestanding radiation therapy center shall evaluate the patient and assess tumors.
(1) The evaluation shall be conducted by the radiation oncologist and shall include a medical history, a physical examination, a review of the patient's diagnostic studies and reports, and, when appropriate, consultation by the radiation oncologist with the referring physician.
(2) The assessment of tumors shall include a definition of tumor location, and the extent and stage of the tumor.
(B) Each freestanding radiation therapy center shall provide services necessary to meet the needs of the patient including:
(2) Treatment planning, including the selection of dose, selection of treatment modality, and selection of treatment technique;
(3) Determination of optimal treatment program and calculation of dose;
(4) Simulation of treatment; and
(5) Clinical treatment management and patient education.
(C) Each freestanding radiation therapy center shall establish policies and implement procedures for the follow-up of patients who are treated with curative intent and patients who are treated with palliative intent by the radiation oncologist.
(1) The radiation oncologist shall establish a post-treatment follow-up plan for each patient.
(2) Each center shall establish policies and procedures to provide for the long term follow-up of patients treated with curative intent. The follow-up of patients treated with curative intent shall be for a five year period whenever feasible or practical. The follow-up shall include documentation of the outcome of therapy including the results of treatment such as tumor control or survival, and significant sequelae.
If the center is unable to conduct the follow-up as planned, the center shall document the reason in the patient's medical record.
(D) Radiation therapy shall be provided only upon written order of a radiation oncologist. Each freestanding radiation therapy center shall communicate with referring physicians regarding the radiation therapy.
(E) Each freestanding radiation therapy center shall comply with the requirements pertaining to the Ohio cancer incidence surveillance system established under sections 3701.261 to 3701.263 of the Revised Code and Chapter 3701-4 of the Administrative Code.