(A) At least thirty days prior to initiating a new HCS or reactivating a discontinued or temporarily suspended HCS the provider of the HCS shall notify the director in writing of its intentions to initiate the service. This notice shall contain:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the facility where the HCS is located;
(2) The type of HCS which the provider is seeking to initiate including the scope of services to be provided; and
(3) The projected date of initiation.
(B) Prior to initiating a new HCS or reactivating a discontinued or temporarily suspended HCS, the provider of the HCS shall file with the director:
(1) An attestation of compliance, with the applicable provisions of this chapter for the HCS to be initiated or reinstated. The attestation shall be signed by the medical director of the HCS and the authorized representative of the provider of the HCS;
(2) Certification that to the best of the provider of the HCS's knowledge, the information in the attestation and any accompanying material is true and accurate;
(3) Certification that the individual, if not the chief executive officer of the entity providing the HCS, is the authorized representative of the provider of the HCS; and
(4) Any other information the director may require regarding the ability to operate the HCS.
(C) The provider of the HCS shall submit a revised attestation within thirty days of any change in medical director or authorized representative signing an attestation previously filed with the department or any change in the provider of the HCS.
(D) The director may request additional information relative to the continuing operation or initiation of a HCS.
(E) The director may, at any time, request additional information he or she reasonably determines to be necessary to assess compliance with the applicable criteria, standards, and requirements established by section 3702.16 of the Revised Code and Chapter 3701-84 of the Administrative Code. The provider of the HCS shall submit any additional information requested by the director within thirty days of the director's request. The director may require any additional information requested to be submitted in less than thirty days if patient health or safety is of concern.
(F) If the director determines that the provider of the HCS has failed to demonstrate compliance with the provisions of this chapter, the director may take action under rule 3701-84-05 of the Administrative Code.
(G) At least thirty days prior to a change in the scope of the HCS, the provider of the HCS shall notify the director in writing of its intentions to change the scope of service and the specific changes to be implemented.
(H) Within thirty days of recognizing that the HCS is not in compliance with applicable criteria, standards or requirements established by section 3702.16 of the Revised Code or this chapter of the Administrative Code, the provider of the HCS shall notify the director in writing of the criteria, standard or requirement not met, reason for failure to meet the criteria, standard or requirement and corrective action and time table for meeting the criteria, standard or requirement.
(I) At least thirty days prior to discontinuing a HCS, the provider of the HCS shall notify the director in writing of its intentions to discontinue the service. If the discontinuation is out of the control of the provider of the HCS and the thirty day requirement in this paragraph cannot be met, the written notice shall be given prior to discontinuing the service. The notice shall include the projected date of discontinuance.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.11 , 3702.13
Rule Amplifies: 3702.12 , 3702.13 , 3702.14 , 3702.141 , 3702.15 , 3702.16 , 3702.18 , 3702.19 , 3702.20
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/1997, 3/24/03, 6/1/07